News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

NAMM 2014 .... what color were those 2Box drums?

Started by Jman, January 25, 2014, 01:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyerichards

Quote from: Dänoh on January 30, 2014, 01:48:06 AM
A Sparkle finish will truly be a challenge.

In case I ever get it somewhat 'proper', I'd definitely like to viualize a Champagne-Sparkle 2box!
:rock:

Hmmm, How about Gold Sparkle pads & module with dark blue Mesh heads like Tutankhamuns mask. :)

edtc

hemiboy

If we had like half shells like a drum tec diablo  or the Roland bigger shells , the colors could pop more because simply, there would be more to see so I can now see why 2 box wanted to break away from the black to really be unique. Anyway, the pads are the size that they are. I would really just like areal shiny chrome snare and module not even a brushed aluminum or nickel  just good old fashioned chrome!

fulrmr

Quote from: hemiboy on January 30, 2014, 06:53:01 AM
If we had like half shells like a drum tec diablo  or the Roland bigger shells , the colors could pop more because simply, there would be more to see so I can now see why 2 box wanted to break away from the black to really be unique. Anyway, the pads are the size that they are. I would really just like areal shiny chrome snare and module not even a brushed aluminum or nickel  just good old fashioned chrome!

Yep...chrome is the bomb....and very elegant. Goes with anything. ;)

Dänoh

Quote from: eyerichards on January 30, 2014, 02:04:50 AM
Hmmm, How about Gold Sparkle pads & module with dark blue Mesh heads like Tutankhamuns mask. :)

I'll do it - under two conditions:

1. You make good use of that 'applaud' button, bumping my 'karma' up...

2. You tell me where you did get BLUE mesh heads from, and reveal the source to all of us...!

Do we have a deal?

:D  ;)

eyerichards

Quote from: Dänoh on January 30, 2014, 07:32:00 PM

I'll do it - under two conditions:

1. You make good use of that 'applaud' button, bumping my 'karma' up...

2. You tell me where you did get BLUE mesh heads from, and reveal the source to all of us...!

Do we have a deal?

I can definitely hit the applaud button, but the Blue mesh heads are only available in my head at the moment. Purely wishful thinking on my part. But  if they can produce them in black and white, I don't see why the head manufacturers couldn't produce them in other colors. Other than it's a limited market versus the cost of producing other colors.
heading for the applaud button now  :)

:D  ;)

Dänoh

fulrmr

No doubt there will be some folks that want custom colors and I shutter to think...colored heads....but this seems more of a 3rd party customizing market to me for those that don't mind the outrageous "Toy" look. I hope if 2Box does venture into more colors that they take a more sensible approach to reach a wider demographic since e-drums can be considered a niche market already....or maybe have a  "special Custom Order" service in addition to their standard stock kits.

On that note of all these cool prints.....how about Hydro Dipping. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSyvw-A5z2E

Dänoh

QuoteI'll do it - under two conditions (...))

Ahhh what the heck... I'll do it anyway!  :)

Dänoh

Here's eyerichards' finish...:

'Tutanchamun kit'

fulrmr

Quote from: Dänoh on January 30, 2014, 10:29:12 PM
Here's eyerichards' finish...:

'Tutanchamun kit'

Hmmm...polished gold chrome or plating of some sort would look more Tutanchamum IMO.

hemiboy

How about true chrome snare and module with orange and the same thing with dark dark burgundy?

Dänoh

Quote from: hemiboy on January 30, 2014, 11:26:11 PM
How about true chrome snare and module with orange and the same thing with dark dark burgundy?

What exactly do you mean by 'true chrome snare and module'?
Orange and Dark (Wine) Red with these two components sounds the same like I already did earlier in this post...

What do I miss?  ???

eyerichards

Quote from: fulrmr on January 30, 2014, 10:32:22 PM
Hmmm...polished gold chrome or plating of some sort would look more Tutanchamum IMO.

Hmmm, Yes you have a point. Gold plated is what I should have said for that ultimate bling factor HA HA  ;D

hemiboy

Sorry Danoh,

Got wrapped up with work. I don't think it is possible to show chrome instead of brushed aluminum that you have so nicely shown, but that's what I meant by true chrome and the dark wine has turned into a real dark, dark maroon now1 Don't pay any attention to me. I might be hallucinating , I'm not sure. After seeing the lizard skin, I thought I might be able to squeeze one more out of ya. lol