News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

NAMM 2014 .... what color were those 2Box drums?

Started by Jman, January 25, 2014, 01:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murgen

Grey, black makes them less outstanding. I wonder how White would look.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

nocturnodrummer

Yeah, just like a typical Roland kit..  ;D I've tried white but with my skills it looked so bad that I've decided not to post the results  :-[ I wonder how sparkle finishes would look like  ;) orange sparkle would be awesome !

Dänoh

Quote from: Murgen on January 26, 2014, 10:02:34 PM
I wonder how White would look.

A 'Pure White' finish will probably bilge (turn yellow) too fast, over time (in the same fashion Roland's silver-colored cymbals did). - that might be a problem...

I'd go with something 'Off-White'-finished to begin with - like an 'Ivory' color!

8)

Murgen

Quote from: Dänoh on January 26, 2014, 10:20:25 PM

A 'Pure White' finish will probably bilge (turn yellow) too fast, over time (in the same fashion Roland's silver-colored cymbals did). - that might be a problem...

I'd go with something 'Off-White'-finished to begin with - like an 'Ivory' color!

8)

Depends on environment and quality of the paint. I guess the color White on aluminium will stick longer then the plastic coloured stuff from Roland.
--------

fulrmr

Quote from: Dänoh on January 26, 2014, 10:20:25 PM

8)

Powdercoat on metal is much more robust that plastic wrap...that's why the use it on motorcycle frames and such. Most  any color using that system would probly outlast the pads themselves. ;)

Dänoh

Quote from: Murgen on January 27, 2014, 04:06:18 AM
Depends on environment and quality of the paint. I guess the color White on aluminium will stick longer then the plastic coloured stuff from Roland.

Quote from: fulrmr on January 27, 2014, 10:07:33 PM
Powdercoat on metal is much more robust that plastic wrap...that's why the use it on motorcycle frames and such. Most  any color using that system would probly outlast the pads themselves. ;)

Thanks guys, I owe you something.  8) 
...Just had a go at it and did a little fumbling around with the colors, as well...

Pure White:

Off-White:

...and here's a 'Cream'-colored finish:

I guess my imagination of 'Ivory' would be somewhere in the middle between 'Off-White' and 'Cream'...!  :)

Murgen

For me the bright white will work, maybe a tat cream.
--------

Jman

Quote from: Murgen on January 28, 2014, 04:00:31 AM
For me the bright white will work, maybe a tat cream.
I agree, I think the white would look good. Not that I don't like some of the multiple color choices you guys have shown in this thread, I do. But from a retail sales point I think something like white, black, or brushed nickel/aluminum ......something that didn't glow in the dark ;D  would equate to a lot more sales.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Dänoh

Here's Nocturnodrummer's initial kit in 'Black', then a 'Dark Grey' done by me,
followed by a 'Lighter Grey', and the same 'Pure White' as above for reference:

Enjoy!

Jman

Quote from: Dänoh on January 28, 2014, 05:08:36 PM
Here's Nocturnodrummer's initial kit in 'Black', then a 'Dark Grey' done by me,
followed by a 'Lighter Grey', and the same 'Pure White' as above for reference:

Enjoy!
All nice choices IMO
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

fulrmr

The black and white look spectacular! Personally I would like to see full chrome. That's kinda what always caught my eye with the Hart Hammered series.....and chrome snares or wrap. Chrome always looks great and very high end.

hemiboy

Yeah as long as we are putting in our pic orders, how about a chrome snare and module with  a black kit and chrome snare and module  with the standard  orange,  and while we are at it, chrome snare and module with a dark wine, bet they all would look hot! Boy, this thread is getting more action than  a 22 year old chick with a nice set of roto toms and a fat bass throne thumper! Gotta keep laughing , right?

Dänoh

Now is probably a good time to say that 'Bare Aluminum' (...or 'Chrome' for that matter) is a b*tch to execute!  :o

Hemiboy,
your suggestions will have to wait 'till a bit later tomorrow. ...Give me 12 hours, or so!

digitalDrummer

I suspect that if Hoshino has any influence over product design, we will see two additional colours - black and white.

hemiboy

Danoh, that chrome looks cool, what do you think guys?