News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

NAMM 2014 .... what color were those 2Box drums?

Started by Jman, January 25, 2014, 01:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulrmr

Quote from: hemiboy on January 29, 2014, 01:52:11 AM
Danoh, that chrome looks cool, what do you think guys?

:rock: 8)

White seems to be "In" lately...but the Kat kit seems a....well...monochrome boring....I vote Chrome...Black...or a combo of the 2. ;)

Murgen

I agree. I would like to check out the brushed aluminium (because it is made of aluminium), white and chrome. Not sure about black because all ekits are black.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

fulrmr

Quote from: Murgen on January 29, 2014, 06:54:42 AM
I agree. I would like to check out the brushed aluminium (because it is made of aluminium), white and chrome. Not sure about black because all ekits are black.

Yea...that's because Black is classic and goes with anything. However glossy Black metal would sure be much nicer than black plastic...or wrap. :) However..I have always said that the raw brushed/polished aluminum would look great.

Dänoh

Took me a whole while longer, due to some other duties - apologies for that - but there we go... a couple more:

Quote from: hemiboy on January 28, 2014, 11:18:41 PM
how about a chrome snare and module with  a black kit

Quoteand chrome snare and module  with the standard  orange

Quoteand while we are at it, chrome snare and module with a dark wine

For the 'standard orange', I took exactly that - the picture of the 'standard orange' kit!
For the Black and Wine-Red kits, I took Nocternodrummer's versions, for the sake of convenience  ...slightly re-adjusting the color of the Red kit, to make it look more Wine-Red!

QuoteBoy, this thread is getting more action than  a 22 year old chick with a nice set of roto toms and a fat bass throne thumper!

Pictures please....   !!!  ;D

eyerichards

Liking the Wine red. They would match in with my Yamaha Recording Custom Cherry kit.
Here's a challenge, How about a kit and module with Burled walnut finish similar to the dashboard in a  old Jaguar.  :)

Dänoh

Quote from: eyerichards on January 29, 2014, 09:06:40 PM
Here's a challenge, How about a kit and module with Burled walnut finish similar to the dashboard in a  old Jaguar.  :)

You mean like this?
Let's call this one the 'Heavy Exotic' kit...:

...I was trying to do the 'Orange Sparke' finish mentioned earlier, but I haven't yet come up with a proper 'base' or found the right formula!

*However* I came up with the folowing finish, while experimenting around. It looks kinda cool, like some kind of Walnut-wood, or fancy veneer!

eyerichards

Quote from: Dänoh on January 29, 2014, 10:07:44 PM
You mean like this?
Let's call this one the 'Heavy Exotic' kit...:

...I was trying to do the 'Orange Sparke' finish mentioned earlier, but I haven't yet come up with a proper 'base' or found the right formula!

*However* I came up with the folowing finish, while experimenting around. It looks kinda cool, like some kind of Walnut-wood, or fancy veneer!

Yeah !!! now were talkin ! Lovin that immensely  :rock:
If it looks like fine furniture maybe our partners would let us have it in the lounge ha ha !

hemiboy

Danoh, Thanks for those illustrations of different color combos with the chrome snare and module . I like that look with the original orange and of course with black . When you are not too busy see if you can make that dark wine darker with the chrome and chrome unless we have to start paying, ya! Kudos, though bro,  and thanks again to you and Murgen for your ideas here! And Jman for starting this thread. I really enjoy this forum, even though my old lady thinks I have a mistress cus I am sending posts all the time! She thinks I'm nuts and I know I am! Drums are the best!

Dänoh

nocturnodrummer

I see that I've started a new trend here  :P So, my request is as follows  ;)

Black pads, orange beater, orange module and ... orange cymbals ! 8)

Dänoh

Quote from: nocturnodrummer on January 29, 2014, 11:36:28 PM
I see that I've started a new trend here  :P So, my request is as follows  ;)

Black pads, orange beater, orange module and ... orange cymbals ! 8)

Piece of cake......!

:P 8)

fulrmr

Quote from: Dänoh on January 30, 2014, 12:03:02 AM

Piece of cake......!

:P 8)
EEEKKKK!!! NOOOO!!! I thought we were trying to get away from the "toy" look. :o

Dänoh

Quote from: fulrmr on January 30, 2014, 01:20:20 AM
EEEKKKK!!! NOOOO!!! I thought we were trying to get away from the "toy" look. :o

Nocturnodrummer wanted to have them.... not me... :)  - See if he changed his mind now!   ;D

Don't these cymbals just scream MEDELI...?   ::) :o

hemiboy

Yeah, beautiful, Danoh . I am partial to the metal snare look as I am playing the Ludwig champagne sparkle kit with  the chrome snare that my parents got me in 1966. It is now electrified ala Jman and I love it !.  I am now a young, 60. How's that for cool? My next kit would definitely be a chrome or brushed stainless snare with 2 up and 2 down in the dark dark burgundy.

Dänoh

A Sparkle finish will truly be a challenge.

In case I ever get it somewhat 'proper', I'd definitely like to viualize a Champagne-Sparkle 2box!
:rock: