News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

ddrum4edit sound file editing tool

Started by kenjwright, September 08, 2020, 05:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenjwright

Greetings all! When the forum last went down it seems the most recent backup available to restore was a few weeks old and consequently many posts were lost including this one, so recreating now for those that may have missed it.

For ddrummers still using the ddrum4 module and wishing to modify and/or create your own native sound files, late last year I picked up on some work previously done by a few members of https://unofficially-ddrum.proboards.com and created ddrum4edit, a multi-platform sound file editing tool for the ddrum4 module. You can read about progress at https://unofficially-ddrum.proboards.com/post/1775/thread.

Cheers!

Ken
Ludwig Acoustics, Paiste Cymbals, Drum Brothers Djun Djuns, ddrum3, ddrum4, 2BOX DrumIt Five, Pintech Cymbals, MegaDrum56, eDRUMin-4

ANGR77

Ken!

Fantastic to see a new version, 1.18...I will make a new odyssey with my samples and make dd4 versions of the sounds!

Keep up the good work!

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

kenjwright

Hi Anders!

Nice to hear from you! Hope all is well. Let me know how it goes with your sound file creation!

Cheers!

Ken
Ludwig Acoustics, Paiste Cymbals, Drum Brothers Djun Djuns, ddrum3, ddrum4, 2BOX DrumIt Five, Pintech Cymbals, MegaDrum56, eDRUMin-4

kenjwright

Greetings all!

Latest ddrum4edit 1.00.20 is now available, including support for managing the ddrum4 Kits files.

Cheers!

Ken

https://unofficially-ddrum.proboards.com/post/1881/thread

ANGR77

Ahh Ken!

It is time to boot up where I left off my project the last time! ddrum4 snare samples - here I come!

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

kenjwright

Hi @ANGR77! FYI, there is a new split feature in ddrum4edit 1.00.21 that can help speed up your workflow in converting multiple wav files to native dd4.

Cheers!

Ken

ANGR77

Ahh!

That's good stuff! I have to try this!

Keep up the good work!

Best regards

Anders

kenjwright

Delayed message, but to keep it in the thread, here ya go ;-)

Greetings ddrummers!

The latest ddrum4edit 1.00.23 is now available, including new support for including custom samples.

More info available on the ddrum forum https://unofficially-ddrum.proboards.com/post/1943/thread.

Cheers and Enjoy!

Ken

kenjwright

Greetings ddrummers!

ddrum4edit v1.00.27 is now available!

Highlights;
ddrum4edit now includes full support for the ddrum4 high compression format when creating sound files with user samples (see Cue Markers).

Other updates;

• Refactored WAVE encoding and extracts. Encoding now matches dd4 dumps exactly. Extract now matches ddrum4wav output at full gain.
  • Re-sampling now supports all sample rates up to 44100hz when encoding user samples and will auto-adjust as required.
  • Added Cue Markers support for dynamic resampling of the input wave stream (for compression greater than 2:1).
  • Bug fixes.

Cheers! and Enjoy!

Ken

Download Link for User Guide and ddrum4edit executables.

More info available on the ddrum forum; unofficially-ddrum

kenjwright