News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Two more newbie questions please

Started by runedog, July 31, 2016, 04:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runedog

Two more questions for a beginner please?

How do I assign different sounds to the rims, i.e. putting a cowbell or conga on a tom rim?

How do I play the built-in tunes?

All input appreciated
Graham

welshsteve

It's pretty simple.

Select the pad you want to assign a different rim. Hold down "more" while pressing the channel (e.g. Tom 1) then press kit, then page down to view the sound on that pad. If it's a sound which had a rim assigned as part of the sound, then you'll see no number or info displayed, only "tune" and volume. Without doing anything, adjust the file knob to the sound you want, adjust anything else like tune or volume and save. You'll have that sound on the rim plus whatever was on the pad before the adjustment.

Steve
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

welshsteve

As for built in tunes, whatever one is assigned to whatever kit can be played in kit mode with the top right button  of the display. If you want to change it, that can be done in kit edit by pressing the page down in kit edit mode until you come to accomp page.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

runedog

Thanks very much Steve, you are a star
Graham

runedog

Hi Steve (or anyone)

Still having issues assigning a different sound to the rim on Tom 1. I have turned up the gain on the pad which now makes the rim work but still not getting the sound (Timbali)  on the rim???

What am I doing wrong please?

Many thanks
Graham

edtc

just select the rim by pressing "MORE"+ the pad you want ( toms or snarre) , then select a different sound ... that s it ...

runedog

I have been in-touch with 2Box support and they have kindly given me instructions which work :) The only issue is, it works within the module but doesn't come out on the drum rim? I am using a Diamond ekit so if anyone can throw any light on this I would be most grateful?

The rims on T1, T2 and snare are activated. SAVE is on in preferences so I am at a loss?

Many thanks guys
Graham

Jman

Quote from: runedog on August 08, 2016, 10:38:56 AM
I have been in-touch with 2Box support and they have kindly given me instructions which work :) The only issue is, it works within the module but doesn't come out on the drum rim? I am using a Diamond ekit so if anyone can throw any light on this I would be most grateful?

The rims on T1, T2 and snare are activated. SAVE is on in preferences so I am at a loss?

Many thanks guys
Graham
1st thing is to make sure your cables are TRS and that the cables are working. Dave (Diamond Drums) is familiar with the 2Box module and his pads. Did you set the trigger parameters to his suggestion to start? Contacting Dave would seem like the first logical step.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

runedog

Hi Jerry,

Hope you are OK?

I have been in-touch with Dave and he seems flummoxed. All the cables are new and are OK. 2Box support keep telling me the triggers (Piezos) are wrong and they are Piezo/Sheetsensor instead of Piezo/Piezo so this is getting further involved.

Many thanks
Graham

digitalDrummer

Quote from: runedog on August 09, 2016, 08:37:16 AM
2Box support keep telling me the triggers (Piezos) are wrong and they are Piezo/Sheetsensor instead of Piezo/Piezo so this is getting further involved.

Many thanks
Graham
That's wrong: Dave's triggers are certainly piezo/piezo.

Jman

Quote from: runedog on August 09, 2016, 08:37:16 AM
Hi Jerry,

Hope you are OK?

I have been in-touch with Dave and he seems flummoxed. All the cables are new and are OK.

Many thanks
Graham
Yeah, doing OK Graham, thanks.
As Allan mentioned Diamond Drums are Piezo/Piezo ..... So, you might try going through the steps I mentioned in this thread. It is just a step by step description of setting the head and rim settings. http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,1871.msg16736.html#msg16736
In your case since you say you cannot get the Rim sound on your drum you might want to set the Rim Gain at the highest setting to start with just to see if you get the Rim sound when you hit the drum. Another way to check to see if the Rim is triggering is to press Unit, page down one page, hit the drum rim ..... the More button should light up when hitting the drum rim. If the More button doesn't light up when hitting the rim even after making the step by step adjustments and setting the Rim Gain to the highest setting there is a hardware or cable problem. It is not uncommon for TRS cables and jacks to be a mismatch. I have experienced Neutrik TRS plugs that would only produce One zone with certain non-Neutrik TRS jacks, Hosa plugs that would cause errant triggering of zones on Neutrik TRS jacks, etc.
Hope it helps, J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

runedog

Thanks Jerry, I will give that a try my friend.

Appreciated buddy
Graham