News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Look what came in today!!!

Started by Greg the groove, November 03, 2013, 01:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg the groove

Finally got my hands on it again! Planning on doing the SD Card Mod this weekend. Wish me luck :) ​

digitalDrummer

Huge point of difference from the previous versions of the module: a 'please peel off' notice on the face!!
Wonder what happens if you don't?

Dänoh

Quote from: digitalDrummer on November 03, 2013, 05:55:09 AM
Wonder what happens if you don't?

It explodes???  8)

NAH! - It overheats maybe, if the plastic isn't breathable...  :D

Murgen

Mine (April 2012) had the sticker and foil too. If you switch the unit on with foil a 3D holo from Bjengt appears which keeps repeating: ta bort skyddsfolien nu. But I was very, very drunk at the time.  ;)
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

fulrmr

CONGRATS! The  mod should give you no problem at all. ;)

Jman

Quote from: fulrmr on November 03, 2013, 09:18:43 PM
CONGRATS! The  mod should give you no problem at all. ;)
I'm guessing Greg has already done the mod and is having too much fun to post. J ;D
At least, I hope so.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Greg the groove

;D

Not yet J! Had a DJ gig last night and have been busy all day. Just put my Jobeky kit up in my garage and will play around with the module a bit before I mod it. I did however come up with a quick little mod of my Roland rack to be able to accommodate both the TD30 and 2 box modules to be mounted side by side. Since I don't use my snare little tube because I use a regular stand, I removed it and extended the tube on the left side to make it longer. Now all I need is to order another module clamp holder and plate.

So far for the 2box I like the first Live kit and the back in black kit? I believe it's called for Rock stuff so far. I like the Navall snare and leedy snare. Curious to listen to how VST stack up vs stock kit sounds.

I have a Hart central trigger snare, can I ask you fine gentlemen, what trigger settings you use for your snare? The gain, threshold and curve? I'm getting a little bit of a weird almost ghost note trigger when I hit outside edges and not center. Center sounds right.

Jman

Quote from: Greg the groove on November 04, 2013, 07:04:53 AM
;D
I have a Hart central trigger snare, can I ask you fine gentlemen, what trigger settings you use for your snare? The gain, threshold and curve? I'm getting a little bit of a weird almost ghost note trigger when I hit outside edges and not center. Center sounds right.
I don't have a Hart Snare, but do use center mount. As suggested in the other thread for the Hart a Remo Muff'l Ring Control would prolly be a good idea: http://www.amazon.com/Remo-Muff-Ring-Control-Single/dp/B0002J6H2E

First try this:

Drum Head zone:
With the module turned on press the snare button. Press Unit, page down once.
Pad12 should be the pad type for the Hart 13" snare.
Adjust the Gain so your hardest hits just peak the velocity meter. If the hardest hits do not trigger the top velocity raise Gain. If you are triggering the highest velocity too easily lower the gain till you get that just right. Next let the drumstick lightly fall on the snare and bounce. It should trigger the first hit and almost all the subsequent bounce hits. If it seems to trigger the light hits fine try raising the Threshold a bit till the lightest hits are no longer detected. Then adjust it lower again till it is just right. The key is to get the Threshold to where your light hits are detected, but the lower the threshold the easier it is to receive crosstalk, etc. One tip here: The Threshold ranges between Positive and Negative numbers. Occasionally a person will not realize -48 is the lowest threshold, getting that reversed in their mind. Just remember turning the knob to the right raises the value, turning to the left lowers the value. Lowering threshold means more sensitive to light hits, raising it means less sensitive to light hits

Drum Rim zone:
After adjusting the head. Now press More and Snare simultaneously.
Rim should be the Pad Type.
Follow similar procedure with the Rim. Now in my opinion for the Rim you will not want it so sensitive so your lightest hits trigger the rim. If you get it that sensitive you will most likely run into problems triggering the rim sound unexpectedly when hitting the head hard near the rim. So adjust that accordingly. My last suggestion would be to set the Crosstalk on the rim to High. That little setting is a big one to me.

If you cannot get your triggering working just right without the symptoms you described after making the above trigger parameter settings .... you will need to do some outer head muffling as discussed.

Hope it helps, J

I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/