2BOX KIT/SOUND EDITOR features that you would like added....

Started by edtc, August 30, 2011, 05:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edtc

Hi there

Now that the module's OS is satisfying a large majority of users , 2box developers will certainly have more time to focus on the KIT/SOUND EDITOR software ....

So lets share the improvements we imagine and the stuff we  dont like ...

edtc

This week i began to use the KIT Editor more seriously because i wanted to prepare my new SDcard while waiting for the adapter cable ...

So here is what i didnt found handy , and some ideas i had then :

* Maybe i didnt find the way to do it but It s not possible to pre-listen the samples in the browser before assigning them to a pad .... a preview function in the sound browser would help a lot

* Dragging with the mouse to listen to the different velocity layers of the pad sound is  a bit  "pain in the ass "...  It could be lovely to be able to prewiev the pad sound using the computers keyboard for instance , and why not thru MIDI...

Maybe after selecting a pad or in prewiew mode , we could have :

* QWERTY for zone A ..... Q is full velocity and Y is lowest velocity with some layers in between...
                    * ASDFGH for zone B
                    * ZXCVBN for zone C ( if there is one , depending on the pad type )

This way we could freely use the mouse to tweak parameters , and use the other hand to trigger any zone of the pad at any velocity ...

* It could be great to have acces to more or all the KIT parameters , and not just volume pan and tuning , and also beeing able to enter the exact parameters values with the numpad  ...

* it could be nice to be able to resize the GUI window to make it bigger with small laptops

* The user interface could be more "touchscreen friendly" , with bigger sliders , bigger rim zones on pads and cymbals

... i say this because i installed the 2BOX EDITOR on a small 9"tablet pc  , and it s fun to select and edit pads parameters with a stylus while triggering the sound with the space bar ... it s also more fast IMO . And even easyer With bigger sliders , bigger rim zones on pads and cymbals ...

Mixmaster5

edtc

.... I d rather speak with myself than squabble and loose my time with you Mixmaster ... it s a lot more creative !