News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Virtual DROPCLUTCH DSOUND ....

Started by edtc, August 26, 2011, 09:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

would you like a Vclutch mode in the future ?

Yes i d like a Vclutch mode in the future
3 (100%)
HUM... i dont care
0 (0%)
No , i dont need that
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

edtc

Hi

Since tonight i m the proud owner of the first DIY separate HI-HAT pedal for Drumit5 in the universe .... :rock:!!

in fact , Manfred did 99 per cent of the work , an i just drilled holes and put some tape.... :)

So after playing for a while in order to calibrate it right and to study its behaviour , i got an idea ....

Why not assigning a closed hihat sound to the "open" zone ?   

Like if you had a drop clutch on as soon as you release the pedal totally when you play double bass .... ( i dont , but sometimes I feel a bit philantropic... ;)  )

Then i downloaded the EU14 hat from 2box website , splitted it with Dsoundtool , an recreated a new one , assigning the closed sound to the normal open zone....
I created one more half opened zone , where i inserted the former open sound ....

I m sure it could help some of you , and also digitalDrummer who asked for a closed Dsound for his Zendrum setup ... ;)

I   hope it also will inspire Deve for next OS release ....

It could be great to add a new hihat mode that would act like this ,triggering the close sound when pedal is depressed , without the need to rebuild each dsounds ... like a Vclutch ...

It will give also a better behaviour than making a dsound like i did , because when i open the hihat (to get the close sound :) ) the half open sound continues till its end ....
   Not a big deal if you play metal i agree , but having the half open sound choked when you release the pedal would be even better IMO ....

So now that upload has ended , here is the link to DSOUND so you can test it and enjoy....

EdtcVclutch HiHat.rar

Have a good night and take care ... and answear the pole if yo like ...

digitalDrummer

Yes, this is exactly what I've done with all the onboard HH sounds (not that there are many of them!) so that I can now play closed hats on the Zendrum.

Manfred

Hi edtc,

nice to see your DIY hihat pedal   :)

But since you use a bass pedal, did you ever think of replacing the foot splash sounds by kick sounds? Then you have a hihat/bass drum combination without moving your foot to another pedal  ;D

Don't take it too serious. I'd better go to bed before having more weird ideas  8)

Regards, Manfred

edtc

Quote from: Manfred on August 26, 2011, 11:41:37 PM
since you use a bass pedal, did you ever think of replacing the foot splash sounds by kick sounds? Then you have a hihat/bass drum combination without moving your foot to another pedal  ;D

... i ve read that Puttenvr is allready doing this with his hihat.... i may gonna have a tri  but i guess triggering could be a bit un precise ...

By the way ,using a bass drum pedal is handy ... you can easyly adjust the force that you want with the spring screw .... and who doesn t have an old pedal rottening somewhere...;)

so have a good night Manfred :)