News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

SD-Card mod step by step

Started by Manfred, August 26, 2011, 08:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishmonkey

the best tool i have in my toolkit for loosening the plastic hex nuts is right-angled needle nose pliers, like these:

once you've gently loosened them a little you can unscrew them with your fingers...

Murgen

Quote from: GeeMo on August 18, 2012, 12:17:09 AM
Thanks for the advice guys, I really appreciate it !

I did the modification in June and just relax, follow the instructions, never panic and never use force. Easy does it. Make sure you do not touch any electronic part on purpose and best: touch something metal connected to earth to avoid statical charges before you open the module.

It still works like a charm and I have got some nice extra kits in there. Cube Beech is my favourite.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

digitalDrummer

Quote from: fishmonkey on August 18, 2012, 12:57:58 AM
the best tool i have in my toolkit for loosening the plastic hex nuts is right-angled needle nose pliers, like these:

once you've gently loosened them a little you can unscrew them with your fingers...
I was actually referring to the screws holding the main board in place. They're tricky buggers without the right tool.

Timh

New to the Forum here and new to 2Box.
anywho I ordered an extender but then decided to make a hole in my 2box to facilitate me removing the card.  Gig too much and carting the 2box around with a fragile cable hanging out of it may cause me more issues, Failures etc.

so to the drill and the Dremel and carved out a nice sized hole where I can reach in with a pair of needle nose and pull the card...

I cover the hole with a piece of cut gorilla tape for now until I get a piece thick rubber that I can cut to fit and put in the hole.  it will push in against the card to prevent the card from loosening up and still leave me enough to grab if needed.

I plan to use a Sandisk Extreme Pro Class 10 32GB card..   Right now 2box is using a 4GB ATP Pro card (Class 10)

By the way the extenders are available at Amazon.com  :)  $18.99

stickcharmer

Perhaps this was mentioned somewhere else in the forum, but can you install the 32GB card directly into the unit? Id rather go that rout than have something sticking out of my module.

Jman

Quote from: stickcharmer on January 24, 2013, 01:25:44 AM
Perhaps this was mentioned somewhere else in the forum, but can you install the 32GB card directly into the unit? Id rather go that rout than have something sticking out of my module.
Yes, you can put the card directly in the card slot in the module. The problem with changing to a SDHC card larger than 4GB that way is you cannot access any data using USB connection (USB will only work on 4GB or less in the module). So you can't load new files, delete files, update your OS if desired, etc ..... basically whatever you put in is what you are stuck with until you crack open your module again.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

stickcharmer

fulrmr

Had few minutes today so I went ahead and did this. Literally took me 20 minutes form beginning to end....gathering tool and all. 30 minutes if you count the 10 minutes it took me to slap shiny chrome finish on the case with some sign vinyl I had laying around.  ;) I'd post a pic...but I can't seem to figure it out.  ::)

Thanks for the pics and walk through....made this super  easy.  :rock:

Jman

Quote from: fulrmr on March 26, 2013, 06:37:29 PM
Had few minutes today so I went ahead and did this. Literally took me 20 minutes form beginning to end....gathering tool and all. 30 minutes if you count the 10 minutes it took me to slap shiny chrome finish on the case with some sign vinyl I had laying around.  ;) I'd post a pic...but I can't seem to figure it out.  ::)

Thanks for the pics and walk through....made this super  easy.  :rock:

Glad to hear you had success ... told ya it was easy!  The only way I know of for loading pics is you need the image uploaded on the net somewhere ... then you can just click the Insert Image tab and paste the link between the boxes. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

fulrmr

Quote from: Jman on March 26, 2013, 06:56:49 PM
Glad to hear you had success ... told ya it was easy!  The only way I know of for loading pics is you need the image uploaded on the net somewhere ... then you can just click the Insert Image tab and paste the link between the boxes. J

I tried that with my HH controller thread from the pics on vdrums forum...and no one can see them unless they are a member there. I'll try again though.

Did it work?

Murgen

O yes, it did. Saw the pics on vdrums but boy, you bring the bling-bling in the 2Box.  ;D
--------

olijack

Hello everyboy,

I've changed my SD card for 32Gb one and everything run good. The only thing is that I can't open USB connection through my computer, it ask to format the SD card. Do you have met the same problem?

Thank for your help.

Murgen

With the mod the USB port on the 2Box cannot be used anymore. it cannot address more then 4 GB. Just take the SD from the extender slot and insert it in the cardslot on your PC, laptop or iMac and transfer the files from there into your SD. Switch off the power before you eject/insert the SD in the module. I find this a lot easier then hooking up the module, haven't got a PC in my drumcabin, just iPad.
--------

fulrmr

Quote from: Murgen on March 27, 2013, 07:41:46 AM
O yes, it did. Saw the pics on vdrums but boy, you bring the bling-bling in the 2Box.  ;D

Thanks...but I  don't think mine worked. When I  open the post up to modify...they don't look like the links I inserted. But as long as the community can see it. ;)

olijack

Quote from: Murgen on March 27, 2013, 09:33:45 PM
With the mod the USB port on the 2Box cannot be used anymore. it cannot address more then 4 GB. Just take the SD from the extender slot and insert it in the cardslot on your PC, laptop or iMac and transfer the files from there into your SD. Switch off the power before you eject/insert the SD in the module. I find this a lot easier then hooking up the module, haven't got a PC in my drumcabin, just iPad.

Thank for your answer, then I'll buy an extender.