News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Hihat with other brand cymbals

Started by Manfred, August 14, 2011, 04:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulrmr

Not sure if anyone else has spoken with Manfred, but he  messaged me the other day  and stated that he had not started on the new batch of boards because of lack of interest...not that folks were not interested...just that there were not enough of us. So....DIY it is.   ::) Tear into those hats boys.  ;)

waynec42

Quote from: fulrmr on February 04, 2013, 08:17:13 PM
Not sure if anyone else has spoken with Manfred, but he  messaged me the other day  and stated that he had not started on the new batch of boards because of lack of interest...not that folks were not interested...just that there were not enough of us. So....DIY it is.   ::) Tear into those hats boys.  ;)

Hard to believe there's little interest. I'll buy a batch if that's the case. I'm in Australia if that helps. Happy to distribute through the local distributor if that helps. Whatever it takes to get one :)

edtc

i guess some people have stoped reading this post where Manfred said he wont produce some ..

maybe it s better to start a new post about it...

digitalDrummer

Quote from: waynec42 on February 05, 2013, 07:36:07 AM
Happy to distribute through the local distributor if that helps. Whatever it takes to get one :)
Made the same offer a while back.

waxdass

Im in Australia and I'll def buy some!

Drumminator

Hi !

Is there anybody who has the schematic circuit drawings with components of the hihat adapter ?
(the pics showing the circuit in another thread of this forum are down)

Thanks !

tower of p

Quote from: Manfred on November 24, 2012, 06:39:52 PM
Hello,

i still get requests from time to time about the board. The problem i have with another batch is that i had to advance a lot of money and i'm not sure how much users are really interested.

Hi Manfred,

I´m interested and I also would see no problem in an in-advance- payment.

Would be grat if there were enough requests so that producing another batch is worthwile for you.

Grüße,
Lutz

drummertobi

Hi!

I get in contact with Manfred and asked him for a controller to finish my DIY-cymbal-project. Unfortunately he is very busy and has no time to make some new one.  :(

Does anybody here in the forum has a controller and do not use it anymore? Or does anybody know how to build this or a similar controller?

It would be great to hear from anybody so I can finish my DIY-project soon. It is on hold for about 4 weeks because I’m waiting for the controller or another way to solve the problem.

Thank you very much for any help.

Tobi

Jman

Quote from: drummertobi on April 07, 2013, 05:53:32 PM
Hi!

I get in contact with Manfred and asked him for a controller to finish my DIY-cymbal-project. Unfortunately he is very busy and has no time to make some new one.  :(

Does anybody here in the forum has a controller and do not use it anymore? Or does anybody know how to build this or a similar controller?

It would be great to hear from anybody so I can finish my DIY-project soon. It is on hold for about 4 weeks because I’m waiting for the controller or another way to solve the problem.

Thank you very much for any help.

Tobi
Using the control board from the 2Box HH is another method, a few threads:
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?topic=722.msg7571#msg7571
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?topic=1656.0
This one is at vdrums.com, not sure if Rob posted a thread on his project on this forum though.....
http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?69213-2Box-HH-DIY-The-Mystery-Solved
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

drummertobi

Hi JMAN,

thank you for all the links. But I think I will not do this with my 2box hh. I'd like to have both. The 2box hh for using at home and the controller with my cymbal hh for the band room. And I do not want to "kill" the original hh pad. So I look for a way to built a controller like Manfred do but this is not so easy to do and I found no other way in the internet building a controller for the 2box hh.

But thank you
Tobi

fulrmr

Quote from: drummertobi on April 08, 2013, 07:33:53 PM
Hi JMAN,

thank you for all the links. But I think I will not do this with my 2box hh. I'd like to have both. The 2box hh for using at home and the controller with my cymbal hh for the band room. And I do not want to "kill" the original hh pad. So I look for a way to built a controller like Manfred do but this is not so easy to do and I found no other way in the internet building a controller for the 2box hh.

But thank you
Tobi

The way I built mine with the stock 2Box controller is totally reversable so "killing it" isn't an issue...but you'd still need another set hats if you wanted 2 hats.

I posted this here too but I never could get the pics to show up so here's the thread at vdrums with pics and walkthrough......

http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?71888-VH-13-2Box-Hybrid-Remote-HH-Conversion

Jman

I didn't kill mine either. When I got a Manfred controller I re-attached my wires on the 2Box controller/Hi-Hat cymbal, put it back together and it worked as new.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

hemiboy

I really could use one for my new 2 box diy project. Please let me know if and when they are available and if I could buy one and have it shipped to me? I , too want bigger cymbals and stand mounted as well!
Thanks In Advance
  hemiboy

fulrmr

Quote from: hemiboy on April 20, 2013, 06:38:30 AM
I really could use one for my new 2 box diy project. Please let me know if and when they are available and if I could buy one and have it shipped to me? I , too want bigger cymbals and stand mounted as well!
Thanks In Advance
  hemiboy

Looks like you really have very few choices....

...You either use the stock 2 Box hat as is.....

...or  Tear it apart and build a controller box from the stock parts and use whatever E cymbal you like.....

...or Buy some Gen16s to use in their factory form or  mod them with triggers(you'll still need to use a 2Box controller for the hats)

...or use A cymbals........ :-\

waynec42

Quote from: fulrmr on April 20, 2013, 06:07:09 PM
Looks like you really have very few choices....

...You either use the stock 2 Box hat as is.....

...or  Tear it apart and build a controller box from the stock parts and use whatever E cymbal you like.....

...or Buy some Gen16s to use in their factory form or  mod them with triggers(you'll still need to use a 2Box controller for the hats)

...or use A cymbals........ :-\

Chuckle..

I wonder if 2box read these forums. If they do, I hope they've worked out that almost everyone hates the stock hihat because it simply doesn't work properly. I wish 2box were able to use the roland designed hihat. I guess it's too expensive.

I think the best solution right now is the second option above - tear it apart and build the controller box.

I plan to do this at stage.