News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Hihat with other brand cymbals

Started by Manfred, August 14, 2011, 04:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drumaster

Hello,

I fixed the board with a phone leather case and some tape. It does not seem to move.

Here are the pics:

It's working like a charm, good to have some real HH sounds now (TD-20X sounds before)!

Jman

Quote from: Drumaster on May 31, 2012, 07:07:04 PM
Hello,

I fixed the board with a phone leather case and some tape. It does not seem to move.

Here are the pics:

It's working like a charm, good to have some real HH sounds now (TD-20X sounds before)!
Sure looks vulnerable to accidents/breakage!
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Drumaster

Jman > Don't worry, it's impossible as the pedal/magnet can't touch the board, even when strongly pressing the pedal. I just have to keep the same gap (quite narrow here as it's my playing style) between the hi-hat cymbal and the top of the hi-hat stand and it's 100% safe. :)

ddrummer68

I understand your confidence, but I would find a way to loosen the clutch at exactly the wrong time.   :animal:

Drumaster

Yeah right but I never loosen the clutch, when I find my setting I don't touch it anymore, and I broke the plastic box that came with the board with my drill. :p

And with the plastic box I need a very strong magnet right?

Manfred

Hi,

the plastic box is really easy to brake with the drill. I did that too with my first box. I bought them from Conrad by the way:

http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/522376/M-GEHAEUSE-55-X-28-X-51

english version:

http://www.conrad.com/M-enclosure-55-x-28-x-51.htm?websale7=conrad-int&pi=522376&cc=y

At the online shop they are even a bit cheaper compared to the real store. But shipping cost is pretty high. However, maybe you can find a similar box in a local store.

A plastic box shouldn't have too much influence on the magnet. But metal boxes would have a big influence depending on what kind of metal it is.

Regards, Manfred

ddrummer68

Thanks to Manfred, Jman, and the other posters here, I've gotten to an imperfect, but very workable hi-hat set up.   I'd previously bought a set of Zildjian AEs, which are great for playability and volume, but not great for sound quality.

But with Manfred's hi-hat box, I was able to keep my Remote Speedy Hat with the AEs, and just add a Hart 12" hat right above it.  So, there's only one hi-hat pedal, and it's easy to jump back and forth between the AE hats and the 2box/Hart hat.  Pretty cool, and so i just wanted to thank you for sharing the information and encouragement. 

waynec42

Quote from: Manfred on May 01, 2012, 09:33:46 PM
Hello,

just want to let you know that (almost) all boards are sold. For those whose PM i answered today there is still a board left. But thats it as long as none of these guys changes his mind.

I will keep 2-3 boards just in case somebody needs a replacement. But up to now none of the boards got damaged on its own as far as i know. Just one board that was connected to 48V phantom power by accident.

In addition there are some more boards which work but the soldering of the sensor chip does not look confidable. Don't want to sell these boards because i'm not sure if they are reliable. Just imagine it stops working while somebody is playing live on stage.....

Regards, Manfred

Any boards left? I think I want one.

Manfred

Hello,

sorry but i don't have any more boards. And there are no plans for a new batch right now.

Regards, Manfred

waynec42

Quote from: Manfred on June 29, 2012, 07:28:35 PM
Hello,

sorry but i don't have any more boards. And there are no plans for a new batch right now.

Regards, Manfred

Bummer. My hihat has failed. I think the 2box hihat is poorly designed with the delicate electronic part being built into the moving part of the cymbal that gets jarred by the foot pedal and hit with the stick.

Please let me know if you decide to get more made.

olijack

Hello everybody,

I'm very interesting to get this PCB in odrer to change my Roland sound module for 2box one. It seems that manfred has no more PCB, then I would like to reproduce it. Does anyone has the schema or drawing of this PCB with the details of components? It will be great to send me.

Thank by advance.

Murgen

The PCB-board is not that delicate as long as it is safely tucked away in it's metal housing. Reading all the stuff from Manfred and Jman and looking at the pictures it is worthwhile to open the casing and check the PCB. Manfred's was not properly cleaned and the chemical's used to make the copper prints (basically acid removing all copper except the print-layout) were slowly rotting the vital parts away.

You can also move the original PCB to another place (under the footpedal) with a magnet on the footblade.

I think the concept is smart, the magnet and sensor cannot wear out.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Manfred

Hello,

i still get requests from time to time about the board. The problem i have with another batch is that i had to advance a lot of money and i'm not sure how much users are really interested. I wouldn't mind to spend some time for a second batch but i definitely would mind if i couldn't cover the expenses.

Based on the numbers for the first batch the price for the board would be around 30,- Euro plus (worldwide) shipping which is another 8 Euro.

So assuming there will be another batch of a slightly modified but very similar board who would be interested? Could those who are sure that they would want a board please drop me a PM?

There is no order for boards or components placed up to now but i would like to have an estimation about the risk for the advance money.

Regards, Manfred

Jman

Quote from: Manfred on November 24, 2012, 06:39:52 PM
Hello,

i still get requests from time to time about the board. The problem i have with another batch is that i had to advance a lot of money and i'm not sure how much users are really interested. I wouldn't mind to spend some time for a second batch but i definitely would mind if i couldn't cover the expenses.

Based on the numbers for the first batch the price for the board would be around 30,- Euro plus (worldwide) shipping which is another 8 Euro.

So assuming there will be another batch of a slightly modified but very similar board who would be interested? Could those who are sure that they would want a board please drop me a PM?

There is no order for boards or components placed up to now but i would like to have an estimation about the risk for the advance money.

Regards, Manfred
Hi Manfred great to hear from you! It would be great if you decide to do another batch! ... I'll PM you. I wonder if it might be a good option for you once you get some response and have an idea how many boards to shoot for ....  to get a 50%-?% down pre-order type payment from those ordering. This would at least defer a little bit of the initial investment.  J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Murgen

I will chip in for a genuine Manfred board.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012