News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

New website online + new OS 1.2

Started by torbs, August 04, 2011, 01:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rythm

I read somewhere Hand in hand music early this year hinted something about compression improvements coming later this year, that would add more space for sounds.
Oh, and I do like the new OS, great improvements, great job 2Box!

UC

Got to say, the improvements in 1.20 are fantastic, thumbs up 2box!  :rock:

ChrisP9

Hey,

I quickly updated to the new OS the other night,
haven't quite managed to spend too much time on it yet although I did make an attemp to fiddle with the gain etc for the cymbal triggers, not quite there yet though.

I'm not far off but Im having trouble as the zone 4 on the bow comes up as the bell/cup zone 1.
It will depend on the different weights we use / how we play but does anyone have a generic setup for gains / zones that I could follow to give a try?

Been fiddeling so much that I've given up for now, should maybe have left it as it was...

Cheers

Deve Loper

Hi.
The cup is detected as zone 1 when the velocity is past a certain threshold.
So, first turn GAIN so a hard hit on the bow gives full trig level on zone 4. Don't turn it higher than needed otherwise a bow hit will result in zone 1. Then click GAIN so a hard hit on the cup gives full trig level on zone 1. Again don't set it higher than needed.
Hope this helps.
Deve.

spoenk

Quote from: spoenk on August 07, 2011, 12:41:04 PM
there are still only two zones on cymbal one like in the beta version and i can't see the purpose of that...explain?

nonoduweb

;D I just come to understand what you mean.... I though that you had a problem on cymb1.

Yes, the cymbal triggering is not still perfect, there are not 3 independant zones...

spoenk

what i mean exactly is, that the inputs on cym2 and cym3 show three sounds on the kit/env/ page while cym1 only shows two sounds...

when i use e.g. a crash sound on cym1, there is crash and bell sounds, but i can't get ride sounds out of it...
when i use the same crash sample on cym2 or cym3 i can get ride sounds out of it...

this startet when updating to the beta-version and is still there in the new OS...and i guess u could consider this a bug...cause at least i don't see a reason for this...

Daniel

hi!

since the update i canĀ“t save any changes. the save button does not work anymore.

heeeeelp!!!!  ;)

ChrisP9

Hi Danny,

Im at work just now so can't check this but from memory try this,

Within Unit Settings, go to PREF page and you will see SAVE.
Make sure this is set to ON.

Chris

nonoduweb

Quote from: spoenk on August 14, 2011, 10:27:18 AM
...and i guess u could consider this a bug...cause at least i don't see a reason for this...

no bug for me, the three sounds are displayed for each cymb input, with a ride sample (eu 20 ride). Strange...

edtc

yes , no "bug" for me too... really strange

are you sure you are in CYM14 or CYM12 mode on this input ?  I guess 3 zones only work in those modes....

have a nice day

GenuineHuman

I have this "bug" too. And it's not really a bug. It comes down to a kit setup. Certain kits have three sounds, certain kits have two and some of them just one.  It's how kits are setup and you can change it even though I honestly haven't tried changing that yet.

Jman

Quote from: GenuineHuman on August 17, 2011, 08:58:31 PM
I have this "bug" too. And it's not really a bug. It comes down to a kit setup. Certain kits have three sounds, certain kits have two and some of them just one.  It's how kits are setup and you can change it even though I honestly haven't tried changing that yet.

Correct .... I use my own sample dsnds .... but when looking through some of the 2Box dsnds you will see exactly that ... some don't use all 3 zones .... also, kinda cool actually .... some of the bow sounds when they are hit at lower velocity are obviously a bow sound but when hit at max velocity are more of a crash edge type sound .... they crossover ... very natural ..

When building my own dsnds I have bow sounds on some of the crash bows .... but on many I have the same sound on bow and edge .... lots of VST samples only have bow and bell sounds for Rides ... And if you want a bow sound or bell sound on a crash you have to do some tuning/tweaking of ride sounds to assign to the crashes. I only mention that as it is related .... you can have 3 sounds on all cymbals .... but not all have 3 sounds out of the stock cymbal dsnds in the module.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

roel

2box should need to make a good recording of the yamaha PHX kit I want that kit in my module  :animal:

puttenvr