News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

USB storage problem - corrupted files

Started by truong, September 10, 2009, 06:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truong

Hi
I've copied some wav files to drumit memory (to the 'song' folder) to play along with them. During the file transfer pc stopped responding. After like half an hour i turned off the drumit. I ended up with wav files i couldnt play back and cant be deleted, cause they're corrupted (their size is 0 MB but they are still there). They are visible in the drumit module but can't be played. Is there a solution to this problem?? Is there any kind of a hard reset/ cold boot that user can perform and still be able to use the module?

NeilC

Hi I had a similar issue, have you tried re-copying the same files over to the unit?

truong

Yeah i tried overwriting them but an error appears that the file is unreadable or corrupted . I tried running windows error-checking/fixing on the drumit drive but it gets stuck at like 40% (it's extremely slow btw) and just closes.

NeilC

Hmm, and I take it you can't navigate to the unit from your PC and delete the .wav's?

I think we may have to wait for Scottie or Bengt for this one.... there are some files flying around but not that will reset the unit....

UC

I was having a think about this - Bengt said something a while back about handling larger file sizes being one of the problems with the USB protocol. It's one of the key aspects they're trying to fix for 1.0.

Could you try chopping your big .wav files right down (to say 100k each) using an app like audacity to trim them to only 1 second or so, and try to over-write the corrupted ones again (simply so you can try deleting them). This used to work on an old mp3 player for me and I'm guessing the problems aren't a million miles apart.

ber0ni

does the unit understands mp3-files or do they have to be converted to wav?

UC

wav and aiff

(I only mentioned the mp3 player thing because I have a hunch that it is having similar problems)...Although native mp3 support would be pretty cool. Or maybe OGG if licensing of the mp3 codec is an issue.

My reasoning for chopping actual wavs (as opposed to say just renaming a small .txt file) is in case the unit gets confused by a lack of appropriate header information.

Thinking out loud :)

edit: oops better listen to Theo :D

TrommelTheo

DidnĀ“t i ve said: dont do anything with USB-Port til 1.0???

Theo