Interview with Bengt (From March 2009) - Interesting history of DDrum / 2box!

Started by UC, September 08, 2009, 11:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UC

Hats off to Google translation tools for doing a reasonable job on this article from the Swedish website Studio...
- here's the translated article
- and here's the original for the Svenskaphones who visit the board :)

Scottie

Nice one UC, i haven't seen that interview. I like that Bengt lays out what happened with Clavia / ddrum, as i have read a lot of misguided information when it comes to that!

The most exciting thing for me about the DrumIt Five, is that i know with these guys behind it they wont stop pushing it forward.  ;D

cabalestra

Quote from: Scottie on September 09, 2009, 09:44:59 AM
The most exciting thing for me about the DrumIt Five, is that i know with these guys behind it they wont stop pushing it forward.  ;D

At the same time, since they are a small team I worry a little about the future: it's obvious that if one of them quits or disappears for whatever reason the whole company is at risk. It would be nicer to know it's a stabler organisation... On the other side, this is also the intriguing part of 2box: the little David against Goliath (corporations)  :P
I sincerely hope they will be successful and long lasting! (especially if I am going to buy one).

UC

It's a valid concern but when you consider the humble beginnings of the DDrum, if anyone can do it it's these guys. Sure they're a start-up right now, but they have unrivalled experience in the field. Spread the word!