News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

starting to loose faith in this kit

Started by micke, September 10, 2009, 05:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micke

that is good news cabalestra! thanks for keeping us informed. i will continue to play around with the settings on the module and post any progress :)

thanks again!

wbrs

Micke, I'm with you on the td20's unrealistic sound, but what were you thinking buying a kit that doesn't even work. So I can understand if you need to unload it and because I like you and feel your pain I might take them of your hands. How much?   

UC

Hey wbrs, if you want to PM him about serious interest in buying his kit that's fine, but I'll be honest your comment came across a bit like a dodgy used car salesman buying a decent car for a knock-down price!

My advice: Hold in there Micke, it's only a month or so until the update which should fix a lot of issues.

Scottie

Hi Micke

I think we need to investigate what is going on with the miss-triggering, as this isn't something that has jumped out at me as an issue. Maybe we need to try loading the OS back in to the Unit so it has a refresh. If you can send me an email to the address i gave you in the PM, i will send the OS over for you.

Can i ask where you purchased your kit from?

Thanks
Scott

Scottie

Hi Micke

I totally forgot that you you were using a double bass pedal with kit. The guys at 2box are looking in to this, as they are going to be tweaking the parameters for double bass.

With the kick try setting the gain higher and also turn the threshold up as well. Have you tried playing the kit just with the single pedal, to make sure that it is triggering ok with the default setup?

Thanks
Scott

wbrs

Quote from: UC on September 11, 2009, 10:48:06 AM
Hey wbrs, if you want to PM him about serious interest in buying his kit that's fine, but I'll be honest your comment came across a bit like a dodgy used car salesman buying a decent car for a knock-down price!

No kidding

UC

Quote from: wbrs on September 11, 2009, 01:35:10 PM
No kidding
I'm going to have to install a sarcasm plug-in to the commenting system  ;)

micke

Hi again!

I have tried playing single bass and the problem with misstriggering is the same. I seems like the problem occur only when other sounds are triggered at the same time like a hihat or ride etc. As I said earlier the problem gets worse when I make any changes (doesn't matter what change) on the unit. But when restarting the unit after a change and save it works almost perfect.  So I am happy to say that it works much better now although it is still not 100% reliable.
I will not sell the kit until the people at 2box had a fair chance to correct these problems, and I'm sure they will. If they can get the toms and snare as great as they are im sure they can fix the kick and hihat to.

Scottie

Hi Micke

This is a very strange issue. I think we should try the route of download the OS back in to the Unit to give it a refresh.
If you can send me that email i will send it over for you.

Thanks
Scott

micke

i have mailed you now.
thanks

wbrs

[quote author=micke link=topic=95.msg667#msg667 date=1252678
I will not sell the kit until the people at 2box had a fair chance to correct these problems, and I'm sure they will. If they can get the toms and snare as great as they are im sure they can fix the kick and hihat to.

[/quote]Ok I don't get it now you have faith in the kit I'm confused.

micke

hehe:)
At the time I was angry and irritated. I would still be if I where playing, since i don't play it anymore and probably wont until the fix is out, I don't really bother. I waited almost half a year for the kit so I can wait another 2-3weeks for the fix. If that doesn't work then its bye bye circus-orange kit!
I didn't say i lost all faith, I said: starting to loose..... there's a differnce as far as i know

Scottie

Quote from: micke on September 11, 2009, 02:41:42 PM
i have mailed you now.
thanks

Hi Micke

The issues you are experiencing are not the same as the general feed back i have had from end user's. So something doesn't seem right.
I'm interested to hear the miss-triggering from the recording.

Also i haven't received an email yet, did you send it to the correct address?

Thanks
Scott

micke

I have mailed you twice now to the address you sent me, and the mail was delivered according to hotmail.
I will send you a recordig as soon as you can confirm that you got my mail

micke

I've just sent a recording to you. Listen to it and you will easily hear the problem. there is one double and one single bass recording. hope you can figure the prob out

Thanks