News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

New album all recorded with 2box.

Started by paulhindmarsh, July 17, 2011, 08:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulhindmarsh

Hi all

Totally forgot to post this link on here when I recorded it, but thought you guys may be interested. I recorded this album at home using the 2box kit. All the sounds are from 2box and then maybe EQ and compressed in Protools as part of the track. So great to have the 2box and be able to get great drums sounds at home.

Check it out here. Thanks.

http://paulhindmarsh.bandcamp.com/

GenuineHuman

Sounds really good. You are talented. :)

Cuban

Very very impressive Paul.  8)
Played the album right through and will do so again.
I take my hat off to you and your multi instrumentalist skills.  :rock:

The 2Box sounds, as ever, right on the money.
:patbat2box:

paulhindmarsh

;D
Thanks. Nice for real drummers to say nice things.

twisted.mellow

Wow, Paul. I'm blown away. Not only by the sound of that 2Box, but those songs!

They all stand alone and stand out. So glad there is no vocals in there - they would cover up too much. You clearly have studied each instrument alot.

Hats off to you. I've listened all through and can't wait to start again.

Only one thing in there that pisses me off, and it's a big one.... ready for it?

I'm originally a bass player before a drummer, and I can't even play it like that. Now, stop putting people to shame with your bloody talents :)

For this effort, you deserve the coveted Triple Animal. Here it is in all it's glory:

:animal: :animal: :animal:

twisted.mellow

Sorry, just wanted to add... hopefully you take this as a compliment of course!

This album WREAKS of Marcus Miller... Very much in the vein of Marcus. If you've not heard of him, go and look him up.

paulhindmarsh

Thanks you so much:-) Made my day.

I'm really surprised you hear the Marcus Miller influence on this stuff.  I am a massive fan so its obviously found its way in there. I'm currently working on a project that has a lot more bass and saxophone on it. Now that does have the Marcus Miller influence. I'll post that when it finished.

;D

GenuineHuman

Paul, I was wondering, how much time did it take you to finish this project since you did everything alone?

paulhindmarsh

It seemed to take longer than it should. Learning to play the drum parts was the hardest. Since I started playing drums I've really just jammed drums and then stacked the other instruments on top. This project meant that I had to write the parts and learn the arrangements. Once I had the drums parts the rest came together pretty quickly. Guitar was done really fast ( too fast maybe) but I wanted a jammed kind of feel to it. I guess its hard to say how long as I was also doing so many other things at the same time and with no deadline I kept mixing right up until the album cover and everything was finished. From start to finish about 7 months I guess. Thanks for your interest:-)

GenuineHuman

Every couple weeks I "come around" and listen to your stuff again and every time I'm again amazed and inspired. I write and record demos (guitars and drums) for our band and it takes me pretty much the whole weekend to record and (horribly) mix one lousy demo ... with tons of mistakes! :) What I learnt so far is that I should not listen to your stuff right after a weekend like that. It just kills my spirit. :)

paulhindmarsh

You are way too kind! But Thanks:-)

I have another project (with 2box) almost completed. Hopefully I will get that out in the first few months of next year.

I'll post a link on here when I get something sorted.

AndyMo

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and have been enjoying listening to samples/demos/etc.

Your material is really impressive. As others say, not just for the 2box, etc., but songs in their own right.

Great stuff!

Cheers!
Andy

PS  Some samples from a live gig I did earlier this year with the 2box kit. Not the same league as your stuff but the drums sound sweet through a decent desk/PA :) https://soundcloud.com/jellfyfish/jellyreel