News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

making my own sd copy

Started by soultone, February 22, 2011, 09:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soultone

Hey guys! just wondering if i could make a copy of the files on the units sd card and transfer them onto a new card for future use, just in case my original ever decides to start freezing ( hope not but its good to prepare right?) I would still have to open up and remove the card but i feel i am able to do this without a problem so would you guys advise this? Thanks in advance

Manfred

Why not? Just do it! I don't have another SD-Card but i have two backups of the SD-Card on my PC. One in condition of delivery and one with my current setup.

Quote from: soultone on February 22, 2011, 09:43:02 PM
Hey guys! just wondering if i could make a copy of the files on the units sd card and transfer them onto a new card for future use, just in case my original ever decides to start freezing ( hope not but its good to prepare right?) I would still have to open up and remove the card but i feel i am able to do this without a problem so would you guys advise this? Thanks in advance

edtc

yes it s a good idea....but maybe i t s no use to open the brain , you can transfer the file from the module to a pc , in usb mode ... it will  be long , but you can do it before going to bed...

folks , any objections ?  :)

Baby Samus

Quote from: edtc on February 22, 2011, 11:20:34 PM
yes it s a good idea....but maybe i t s no use to open the brain , you can transfer the file from the module to a pc , in usb mode ... it will  be long , but you can do it before going to bed...

folks , any objections ?  :)

I agree this is the best solution - if you don't need to open the module then don't open it :-)

Manfred

Yes, I also wouldn't open the brain as long as it is not necessary. I did my backups through USB. It took about 45min for the whole backup.

Manfred

rcprod

I did a backup of all of the contents of the module through USB as well. In the end this is an easy way to do it.

OA

I've already backed up my card and put a copy onto a regular flash drive just in case!

I do feel it would have been better to have the SD card more easily accessible, as with a camera and possibly for future models and expansion socket for a second or backup card, it would be worth it for ease of mind and I wouldn't mind paying a few extra quid