News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Amplification for e-drums

Started by puttenvr, July 15, 2009, 02:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roel

I'am thinking about the mackie thump-A active speaker for home use.
any comments?

Baby Samus

Imo you don't need speakers for home use.  Get a pair of nice headphones, much cheaper and won't annoy the neighbours.  The 2Box has a good amount of signal coming out of the headphone port and I find it perfectly acceptable.  You just need to spend some good money on your headphones and you won't regret it.

roel

Quote from: Baby Samus on August 27, 2010, 05:23:41 PM
Imo you don't need speakers for home use.  Get a pair of nice headphones, much cheaper and won't annoy the neighbours.  The 2Box has a good amount of signal coming out of the headphone port and I find it perfectly acceptable.  You just need to spend some good money on your headphones and you won't regret it.

I have the Beyerdynamic DT 770 M 80 ohm headphones allready. I just want a active speaker for my 2box set.
So I asking is the mackie thump-A good for home use?

Remi

I have the Tapco version for home use.
Tapco Thump th-15a. but now Mackie sell them under there own name because of the succes
of the thump. (read somewhere on the net)
I'm very pleased with it, but so many people so many taste  :rock:

roel

Quote from: Remi on August 28, 2010, 12:34:44 PM
I have the Tapco version for home use.
Tapco Thump th-15a. but now Mackie sell them under there own name because of the succes
of the thump. (read somewhere on the net)
I'm very pleased with it, but so many people so many taste  :rock:

Ok thanx Remi.

ddrum4se

Headphones are great - I use Beyer Dynamic.

Occasionally, however, I do need to make a noise and feel some vibration around me, which is when I plug in the Roland PM30.

I think neighbours can put up with the occasional noise, so long at it does not go on beyond an hour, and is always at a reasonable time.

I think also, if you always limit your "noisy" time to one hour the neighbours know roughly when it will end.

drummer81

roland PM-01 it's compatible  with 2box drumit5? Have you tried?the result was good?

ddrum4se

No I havnt tried the PM01 - Only the PM30 - which is great - plenty of channels in, including from the headphone out of either the TD20 or DDrum4 so you can tweak volume from the amp by using the headphone pot on the module.
Also, the PM 30 has two satellite speakers so you can get stereo left and right - ie Hi Hat from left speaker, floor tom from right, and the big bass woofer handling the bass drum frequencies. Does feel as though it is an a kit rather than e kit. Its pretty loud, at half volume it is approaching the sound of an a kit.

hdevr000

Any rnews about the user experience of the Box RA10 from Thomann