News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Independently setting sounds on a pad

Started by tim1987, August 30, 2009, 03:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim1987

Is there anyway on the drumit to say set the snare to have a cross stick on the rim of the snare, or to have a splash on edge of the crash cymbal?

Many Thanks!

Travis182

I have tried the drumit five a couple of times now and messed around with few of the sounds and I found a cross stick sound in the menus. Bu. I don't actually think it is possible to have different sounds on each zone of the cymbals? Can someone find this out?

wbrs

Page 8 Drum Channels in the manual. You can assign any sound to a drum channel. A drum channel could be a zone on a cymbal or a rim on a pad.

The Who

Quote from: tim1987 on August 30, 2009, 03:24:09 PM
Is there anyway on the drumit to say set the snare to have a cross stick on the rim of the snare, or to have a splash on edge of the crash cymbal?

Many Thanks!

Yes! If you strike the rim trigger on the snare pad whilst in the kit mode you can scroll to the sound triggered (Page Down till you find it) then simply scroll thru the sounds till you find the cross stick you like (adjust volumes/tune etc) then save to the Kit. Hope this Helps.
Cheers The Who? (Or should that be WhoBox?)

puttenvr

That's correct. But when you assign a x-stick sound to the rim you hear also a x-stick sound when you play a rim shot. When you don't assing any sound to the snare rim, there is a metal sound on the rim, suitable for rimshots but far too weak for rim clicks.

Unfortunately e-drum companies didn't solve this problem. On Roland kits you need to put the drum stick with both ends on the snare-rim and play in an uncomfortable way. Neither a good solution, if U ask me

tim1987

I have tried this and it "works" but the snare is still been triggered. I just want to hear the cross stick, I'm not even wanting a rim shot, it's for ballads.

I've tried this with the crash to setup a splash on the edge and couldn't do it.

puttenvr

Try to adjust the GAIN and treshold settings. It should work (better)

micke

As far as I know you can't change the sounds of the different zones on the cymbals, in the manual this option is only open for the snare and toms....

micke

So if anyone knows how tho change the sounds of the different zones on the cymbals please let me know:)

Thanks