News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

questions for 2box drumit 5 mk1

Started by drummer81, September 25, 2011, 10:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummer81

I would like to ask some questions:

1)is it normal for the hihat cymbal (which sits on the real hihat stand) to bounce(big time) after a normal stick hit? I have already tightened the screws underneath the cymbal using the allen keys, but it remains loose

2) The distributor informed me that i should replace the pad sensors every 2-3 years. Is this valid? I used to have the roland v-drums and i never needed to change a single screw!

3) The kick and the toms sound boomy. Is this normal, or is it a problem with the trigger or the module?

4)Many times  after hitting the crash cymbal I hear a bell tone. I have updated to version1.20 but the problem remains, whereas the ride works well eventually. Is it a 'settings issue' and if so can you pls provide me with the time settings that i should use?

5)How could I open the module, using the kit that i want, without changing its current position?

Sorry folks for giving you a headache, but I am having these problems for quite a long time now, since the local distributor is a retard

Baby Samus

Quote from: drummer81 on September 25, 2011, 10:38:51 PM

1)is it normal for the hihat cymbal (which sits on the real hihat stand) to bounce(big time) after a normal stick hit? I have already tightened the screws underneath the cymbal using the allen keys, but it remains loose

No this isn't normal, it should work fine, but many of us here use a dedicated hi-hat stand as it seems to be more stable.  There may also be a way to tighten the pedal action, but I have never used mine so perhaps another member can answer this.

2) The distributor informed me that i should replace the pad sensors every 2-3 years. Is this valid? I used to have the roland v-drums and i never needed to change a single screw!

Easy answer is no, you do not have to replace the sensors every 3 years.  Just replace them when they stop working!  Anyway even this can be done at home and is easy and cheap, plenty people here can advise you on doing this if need be.

3) The kick and the toms sound boomy. Is this normal, or is it a problem with the trigger or the module?

Depends on what you are listening to the module on, headphones or speakers, an how high quality they are.  Remember this is a drum module so it will throw up some hefty frequencies, and you need good headphones or good speakers to reproduce those frequencies.  If you have cheap headphones/speakers, it won't sound good.

4)Many times  after hitting the crash cymbal I hear a bell tone. I have updated to version1.20 but the problem remains, whereas the ride works well eventually. Is it a 'settings issue' and if so can you pls provide me with the time settings that i should use?

Trigger crosstalk (UNIT-TRIG)
To reduce crosstalk from pads on other channels, the XTALK parameter can be set to Off (no
suppression), Low, Med or High (max suppression).

Cymbal triggers (UNIT-TRIG)
When the TYPE is Cym12/14, the GAIN parameter has an extra cup value selectable between
Low, Medium or High. First turn GAIN so only hard hits on the bow or edge give full level on
zone 4 or 8 (all LEVEL bars lit). Then click GAIN so only hard cup hits give full level on zone 1.
(Note: only relatively hard cup hits will result in zone 1, otherwise they result in zone 4.)
There are 2 new cymbal trigger types, CyCup for cymbals with a cup switch and CyEdg for those
with edge switch and choke.

5)How could I open the module, using the kit that i want, without changing its current position?

Not sure on that one, I just move my most used kit to bank 1, bump.

Sorry folks for giving you a headache, but I am having these problems for quite a long time now, since the local distributor is a retard

edtc

Quote from: drummer81 on September 25, 2011, 10:38:51 PM

...what do you mean by "BOOMY" ?

drummer81

Quote from: edtc on September 26, 2011, 12:50:40 AM
...what do you mean by "BOOMY" ?

here is not time that i  notice a small noise in tom and bass drum

edtc

yes i ve noticed this too...  the weird thing is when you open them with a computer ,they do sound normal ....   
   The effects , flanger and delay are making somestrange background noise sometimes , mainly when feedback is set to a high value ( even if nothing is sent to FX)

Maybe something that could be fixed an a future OS