News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

drumit with ddrum hardware

Started by torbs, September 21, 2009, 10:27:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottie

Quote from: puttenvr on October 02, 2009, 05:16:21 AM
I think 30%

The main concern for me is: are the parts strong enough to survive heavy use, live gigs, road travels?
A ''real'' hihat stand and snare stand can be weak, too

All i can say puttenvr is that we have a pre-production kit in the office, that was used at Namm and Musikmesse, spent a week at a retailers and we have been using it non-stop, and it has stood up fine. Infact it is the kit in the ddrum video that i posted. So if the pre-production kit is fine, and the production kits had improvements from that, then you shouldn't have any problems gigging with it.

Thanks
Scott

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on October 02, 2009, 05:16:21 AM
I think 30%

The main concern for me is: are the parts strong enough to survive heavy use, live gigs, road travels?
A ''real'' hihat stand and snare stand can be weak, too

yes if you choose for a lighweight hihat stand and snare stand,but I think if you'll buy a heavy hihat/snare stand you don't have these problems anymore.

puttenvr

Lightweight has nothing to do with durability. There are tons of heavy stands which are crap, so don't look at the externalities, only

roel

so what's the best solution for this problem in your opinion?

puttenvr

First: wait for the software update
and new HH clamp to be released
If you (we all) still need another hihat I would buy a decent Pearl, Tama, Sonor, etc machine
and not only a machine based on the looks

roel

Quote from: Scottie on September 24, 2009, 09:23:18 AM
Quote from: thijs on September 23, 2009, 07:14:35 PM
I agree about the Hi-hat stand, it doesn't stay straight if you play it for a while. The guys at 2box should add something to keep it fixed in place at the bottom.

Hi thijs

There is a new clamp coming with the next shipment. This will be free of charge to people that have already brought the kit. I will see if i can get a picture for you.

EDIT: Thanks for the translation puttenvr, good to hear that he was happy after a live gig  :)

Thanks
Scott

So do you have a picture of the new clamp? iam curious.