News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Question for fellow Australians (re: where to buy)

Started by IncredibleBulk, October 22, 2012, 09:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IncredibleBulk

Hey all

Been in the market for a replacement kit for a while now (4 years to be exact... it's been a bit of a break) and have been smitten with the Drumit Five

I've looked / rang around every store in Sydney and so far only one store has them in stock (Drummers Dream), while the others either had never heard of 2box but said they could order it in or flatly said "we only deal with Roland / Yamaha". The best price at the moment seems to be around $3000

Those that have the kit, did you buy it from a local store or have it shipped from O/S? Did you see any real savings and what's the deal for warranty / repairs?

My main concern is that I want / need the standard kit plus another tom and cymbal pad. Speaking to one of the guys from DD, he said the going price for these are about $400 each once you include the hardware and leads

digitalDrummer

HI there,
2box recently changed distributors and doesn't have too many dealers. There are a couple of them - reputable vendors - on eBay, where the prices are lower than those quoted to you.
A couple of things to consider. You don't have to buy a full kit. You can use 2box with Roland gear or with a DIY conversion kit. The only exception is the hi-hat, which is not compatible with any other system.
In addition, you could alway buy the kit and add non-2box pads for extra triggers - especially cymbals, which won't stand out like a dog's youknowwhat. I actually have some spare, brand new 2box-compatible cymbals I could sell you.
Personally, I would buy locally for warranty support, but you can shop globally, especially if you're only getting the module and hats. Try Cymbalsim Music in the US or Diamond Electronic Drums in the UK - both reputable dealers who support digitalDrummer.

IncredibleBulk

Cheers for the reply. I'm after the full kit primarily because I'm completely kit-less at the moment :)

My plan was to get the basic kit and then look at adding another tom and 1 or 2 more cymbals, I've seen several people running "cheaper" ones here without issue so I'd probably go down that path

waxdass

Hi mate,

I recently bought mine for $2995 in Perth from Mega Music.
I think they use the same distributor from Sydney.

digitalDrummer

Anyone else in Australia keen for a good deal, please contact me. I have spoken to a local dealer who is keen to help out and will offer special prices that he can't advertise.

moose5150

Hi Allan,

Just sent you a message, keen to see pricing on getting some 2box crash/ride cymbals.

Thanks,

Nathan