News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Yamaha cymbals PCY135 & PCY155 with 2box

Started by edcito, May 10, 2011, 07:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edcito

Since it appears 2box cymbals have vanished from the face of this earth, I'm thinking of getting yamaha cymbals.
Anybody using those either as ride or crash? they are 3 zones so I wonder how the 2box interprets the signal?
I did a search but the posts I found were too old (Jan 2010, NOv 2009) :P

logihack

edcito

logihack

sorry, i did one quick test today...the cymbal was pcy 135...my findings are not so great for me(i have 2 pcy 135 and 1 155 cymbal) ...instead three, i can get just two zone, but without choke function...well if i hit it hard on the bow there was also bell sound...so they are useful just for china, splash and maybe for a third crash

edcito

Which software version did you use the yammies with?

edcito

thanks for that info. I'm fine with 2 zones, I never use the cup of a crash anyways :drum2:

stickcharmer

Im ordering a 2box module from tapestry music in White Rock British Columbia. I received this info from 2box:

Subject: RE: 2box brains with competitors pads?

I have tested the new Yamaha pads with the brain – doesn't works so well. The rubber pads are OK.
In the new 1.20 there is some new extra cymbal types so one can actually trigger a 2 zone cymbal pad pretty OK from Roland and Yamaha. Roland pads works pretty OK.
Acoustic drum triggers works just fine - ddrum triggers works the best but Roland works too.

Bengt
2Box