News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Natural Drum Kit Group buy

Started by edcito, May 10, 2011, 04:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edcito

Hi 2boxers,

I used my initiative and contacted Patrick Robin, the maker of the sample library NDK to see whether he could offer a discount for people interested in the library.

Turns out he actually is, so it basically works like this:

- If at least 10 people is interested then we get NDK at $99 (That's a $30 discount)
- If there are more than 10 interested then he could do a further discount (depending on the number of people interested of course)

Timeframe would be initially till the end of this week. So, who is in? I'm in! so we need at least 9 more :rock:
Just express your interest here and we go from there.
Cheers,
Ed
P.S. Sorry for the people who already bought it but the discount is not retroactive...

Jman

this sucks .... I want $30 back ....  ;D ... Just kidding....
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

rythm

A very good initiative, thaanks. But the timeframe seems a bit short.

edcito

Quote from: rythm on May 10, 2011, 05:40:34 PM
A very good initiative, thaanks. But the timeframe seems a bit short.

What do you propose then?
It's not like there are thousands of 2boxers out there to wait 1 month....
If we cannot reach 10 then I don't know what else we can do....
win the lottery?

MisterE

well, still don't have my 2box delivered, so not interested at the moment.

but....is this software compatible with the 2box?  are there patches so we can use the samples in the 2box?

edcito

Quote from: MisterE on May 11, 2011, 10:25:09 AM
well, still don't have my 2box delivered, so not interested at the moment.

but....is this software compatible with the 2box?  are there patches so we can use the samples in the 2box?

is not "software", it's 20 GB of wav samples you can put it in the 2box. Check out jman posts.

puttenvr

Quote from: edcito on May 12, 2011, 09:42:10 AM
is not "software", it's 20 GB of wav samples you can put it in the 2box.

Still software, since we don't put real wooden drums and bronze cymbals into the 2Box  8)

madmanmafimardi

Quote from: puttenvr on May 12, 2011, 03:59:35 PM

Still software, since we don't put real wooden drums and bronze cymbals into the 2Box  8)

still not software. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_software

Everybody please, answer correctly, or keep your eatingdevice closed. people are asking because they are in doubt of something.

puttenvr

Please talk to your dog like that
Not to forum members

edcito

Quote from: puttenvr on May 12, 2011, 03:59:35 PM

Just close your eyes and enjoy the trip! :rock: I do that when loading BFD Eco and selecting a Pork Pie Kick. :patbat2box:

Baby Samus

Quote from: madmanmafimardi on May 12, 2011, 06:19:58 PM
still not software. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_software

Everybody please, answer correctly, or keep your eatingdevice closed. people are asking because they are in doubt of something.

They are software.  A sample file, whether it is .wav, or .dsnd, or any other file is still PC software, as it is providing data for another program to utilise.  You're confusing software with application software.  Software is a general term that can be used to describe any type of data.

edcito

Quote from: Baby Samus on May 14, 2011, 07:58:58 AM
They are software.  A sample file, whether it is .wav, or .dsnd, or any other file is still PC software, as it is providing data for another program to utilise.  You're confusing software with application software.  Software is a general term that can be used to describe any type of data.

whatever it is, thanks for not participating......
not even 1 user was interested...
dissapointed.... :'(

Baby Samus

Quote from: edcito on May 14, 2011, 08:04:06 AM
whatever it is, thanks for not participating......
not even 1 user was interested...
dissapointed.... :'(

Sorry man, couldn't afford it.

puttenvr

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most 2Box users just want to play with the internal 2Box sounds
since ...
- those sounds suffice
- the card is limited to 4Gb (I can't even load all 2Box sounds I want)
- 3rd party sound libraries don't always sound that better. At least: I can't hear it
- only a few of us want to pay for it

Baby Samus

Quote from: puttenvr on May 14, 2011, 08:54:25 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most 2Box users just want to play with the internal 2Box sounds

The 2Box sounds are mostly very nice Putt, but I think making new, highly detailed samples is quite high on the average 2Boxer's list... :drum3:

The 2Box samples are fine for starting off with for sure.  I like many of the them, but not all, and they aren't all highly detailed as regards amount of layers/sample count.  New samples are the biggest interest for me now I have the card expansion slot mod.  With the larger capacity, I can create 24 bit samples with 80+ layers per zone and added EQ.  My feeling is with a little work they will eclipse the 2Box samples no problem.

I have been known to be wrong....  ;D