News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Video, my 1st NDK kit added.

Started by Jman, May 08, 2011, 01:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jman

I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

edcito

Jman

Quote from: edcito on May 08, 2011, 02:57:37 AM
broken link.... ???
Link's fine ???
You can also right click and choose: save as

edcito

right, it just took a long time to load. great sounds!

roel

Quote from: edcito on May 08, 2011, 06:47:06 AM
right, it just took a long time to load. great sounds!

Sounding great Jman! so how big is this kit? you have did earlier show some post about the yamaha PHX Drums those sounding great! hope someone can record this kit for 2box.

Jman

Quote from: roel on May 08, 2011, 11:58:05 AM
Sounding great Jman! so how big is this kit? you have did earlier show some post about the yamaha PHX Drums those sounding great! hope someone can record this kit for 2box.

Well, if you mean my physical drum kit ...... ummm Too Big! ;D The NDK pack is huge ... not a huge no. of drums or cymbals .... but a lot of choices per drum .... like toms .... you have 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16. Each of those has different type tunings ... like bop, rock, dry, noreso. And then there are brush, hand, mallet and sticks.... And then on the sticks you have with or without snare on .... (kinda cool to play with the snare on as it gives you that real feel in your head!)
Not sure if it is even possible to get something close to that PHX kit in a module .... but that would be all I would want for Christmas, my birthday ..... for years to come ;D

Jman

I guess I should qualify this by saying: I am absolutely a rookie at building dsnds ... this is my first go at it. Never spent any time with sampling or sample instrument building in the past .... I hope to get better at it ... So if these sound at all OK .... that is a good sign. Definitely this is all from a newbie, not a seasoned Vet .... J

Cuban

Kind of late in the boat on this one as I have been charging around Europe these past couple of months.

Excellent demo (as ever) Jerry.  :rock:
Did you buy the whole NDK package and are you converting all the sounds (sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere.)

What are you doing about the module memory, have you expanded it or are you just using a few selected sounds?

I want to get on top of creating files but time seems so limited, any idea how long it took you to get the 'third time lucky' hi-hat sounds.

Once again, sorry if this was posted else where, but there are too many posts to catch up on in between tours.  ::)

As ever, I look forward to hearing / seeing more..oh and I should be on the West Coast later in the year, maybe we can hook up?

Jman

Quote from: Cuban on May 18, 2011, 11:50:54 PM
Kind of late in the boat on this one as I have been charging around Europe these past couple of months.

Excellent demo (as ever) Jerry.  :rock:
Did you buy the whole NDK package and are you converting all the sounds (sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere.)

What are you doing about the module memory, have you expanded it or are you just using a few selected sounds?

I want to get on top of creating files but time seems so limited, any idea how long it took you to get the 'third time lucky' hi-hat sounds.

Once again, sorry if this was posted else where, but there are too many posts to catch up on in between tours.  ::)

As ever, I look forward to hearing / seeing more..oh and I should be on the West Coast later in the year, maybe we can hook up?

Hi Graham: Yeah, you only have the choice to buy the whole NDK pack far as I know... NDK is an excellent place to wet the feet as far as creating dsnd instruments. The only slight hitch is that the files are 48 KHZ, so they must be converted to 44.1 KHZ. A trial download of Sound Forge Pro will handle that smoothly in large batches of folders. The instruments are pretty easy to create since most of the instruments you can take just the entire instrument folder using DSoundTool and turn that directly into a dsnd. I've done several HH's a full Rock kit and a full Bop kit, with some variations. Haven't really even dipped into the mallet and brush variations...... but ...... This is where you crack the door open ..... and then ....

G A S ATTACK .... once you work with the NDK files you catch the fever and want to make more, and more different sounding drums, cymbals, HH's etc.... So, I'm following close behind Slappy right now .... just bought Superior Drummer 2.0 plus an expansion pack as did he, and have already created my first snares .... 1st time is a hair puller, (I PM'd Slap and told him I was going to set my PC on Fire today!! >:(, but after a little help from him I've been cruising, and the PC is not in ashes!)  after that initial frustration it is prolly easier than NDK .... able to do it with only the stand alone programs (Toontrack Solo, and EZPlayer) that can be downloaded with SD 2.0 ... and Louis' DSoundtool, (No additional DAW needed!). And there is so much to work with, so many possibilities and different instruments, studio effects, etc. etc. ..... my G A S should be quenched for a long, long time. Definitely plan on hooking up .... I'm down toward San Diego.... 8)

Oh, and yes, an external card adapter, large SDHC card and even a second is very much appreciated when adding these new dsnds. I have my 3rd 32GB card coming soon, so I have no worries for a very long time.