News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Midi hooking 2box with other modules

Started by mpampis, May 10, 2011, 05:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpampis

Hello, I now own a TD-3 module. I wanna buy 2box, but I need to know if it can be hooked up to the new brain for extra inputs. I want to use about 15 pads and this is important for me.

puttenvr

Therefor I would use the audio input on the 2Box and connect your pads to the 2 modules. I wont use MIDI since it limits dynamic (which is already not that super on the Roland)

Jman

Quote from: mpampis on May 10, 2011, 05:11:02 AM
Hello, I now own a TD-3 module. I wanna buy 2box, but I need to know if it can be hooked up to the new brain for extra inputs. I want to use about 15 pads and this is important for me.
You can't really MIDI the TD-3 into the 2Box module to gain more pads using the 2Box sounds as there is not 2nd kit capability that way .... IE, if you are using all the inputs and all the zones filled with trigger pads on the 2Box ... that is it, at least for now (hoping for that capability in a software update some day, hint, hint ;D) But as Put said, you could use the TD-3 sounds along side the 2Box.

Also, I split all my tom inputs on the 2Box module ... as I prefer 2 pads instead of using tom rims... with all the tom inputs split .... I have HH, Ride, Kick, Snare, 2 Crashes, 5 single zone toms, 2 single zone splashes, 1 single zone China all on the 2Box module. 
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/