News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Factory Reset

Started by NeilC, September 03, 2009, 05:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilC

Is there a way to reset the Brain to factory settings? Or can you download the original files to load back onto the unit....

Can't find anything in the manual...

puttenvr

I am afraid that's not possible as long as the software isn't there to reload the (system)files
But what happened?

NeilC

Nothing happened really. Still trying to sort this MIDI issue I'm having, and I've been in the brain and fiddles with things etc, so want to start afresh...

Nothing wrong with the thing itself.

Scottie

Quote from: NeilC on September 04, 2009, 07:44:42 AM
Nothing happened really. Still trying to sort this MIDI issue I'm having, and I've been in the brain and fiddles with things etc, so want to start afresh...

Nothing wrong with the thing itself.

Hey Neil

I think i can help you with this. I will send you a PM in a bit.

Thanks
Scott 

NeilC

Cool man! will await with baited breath

roel

So is it possible to reset the module to factory settings?

carlomagno

Factory reset – there is a Bank file that you can drag and drop on the memory and you will get the original kit settings. I twill overwrite the old file. I enclose it here. BUT - As we have a little bug in the USB protocol there is a small risk that the transfer will fail. Mostly small files have worked OK. If you run in to trouble you will need to send the Unit back to the distributor for fixing this. The 1.0 software in about a month will fix this bug.

Regards

Bengt

Alex

Will all future shipments include version 1.0? also will it be easy enough to update the firmware on the module for future releases?

Scottie

Quote from: Alex on September 09, 2009, 10:01:53 PM
Will all future shipments include version 1.0? also will it be easy enough to update the firmware on the module for future releases?

Hi Alex

Yes future shipments will ship with 1.0. The update will be very easy. All you do is connect the Unit to your computer, which will show up like a memory card, and you will simply drag the file across to the card.

There is also a feature on the Unit, so if you were to download an update and you didn't like it, you can press the OS button on boot up, and tell it to load the previous version.

Thanks
Scott

pyzorm_miki

pls help me i also wanna do a full factory reset(((

Jman

Quote from: pyzorm_miki on April 18, 2014, 10:26:57 PM
pls help me i also wanna do a full factory reset(((
The current manual explains in detail how to do a module reset on page 61. With no info as to how old your module is, what OS you are running, etc. etc. hard to give much more advice than that.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/