News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Field Cymbals

Started by AndyMo, March 19, 2014, 12:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyMo

Hi,

Jobeky posted a link to DrumAngle.com - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xid376Y1qnE

Looks like a smart setup - but not sure if/when Field will support 2box.

I play a Jobeky kit with 2box module and cymbals. I'm very happy with the kit, but not the cymbals - so looking at various options incl. Gen16, Stealth (Jman), etc. I got so frustrated recently (hihat rogue triggers and cymbal rubber splitting on all three cymbals) that I wondered about switching back to Roland!

Cheers,
Andy

fulrmr

Cool...Seems interesting. I wonder what brand of heads he was using there.

As for the cymbals...No experience with those myself. Maybe digitalDrummer has some insight on these. I use Gen16 Nickel and Clear plexi DIY...and also conversions of the Gen16 with Jman's Steath tech and DIY triggers of my own.

ElectronicDrumCenter

There was a user review on the cymbals on the v forum but from what I have seen on their website he seems to have improved his build since that review has been done. The youtube video looks great and seems to have great playability. I do know the website says they are 3-zone, will be contacting them to get more information.

AndyMo

Hi, I contacted Field yesterday (see below). It looks like testing with 2box is on the to do list :)

I guess the hi-hat is likely to be the biggest issue.

Cheers,
Andy

-----
Hi Andy,

Our cymbals and drums should work fine as other brands work well with 2Box, however we have not yet tested our products with 2Box. Our products work with every other major brand perfectly. Our Cymbals should trigger fine however I am not sure if our choke system is compatible with the 2Box module. I guess its about time I get my hands on one of these modules.

If you want, you could purchase one cymbal and try it out and see if it works.

Thanks-Todd

hemiboy

I just looked at The field site thinking I was checking out these cymbals that Andy mentioned and see some good looking drums I gotta say the drums and cymbals and everything looked really nice.  It seems  that they are made in the US and I mention that only  because I am surprised that I never heard of them. They are maple shells and the drums are dual zone and the cymbals are three zone. They say the drums are compatible with any module . They are also indicating a very easily removable of I think they coined it "reversible" trigger system almost makes me think a pan drop in or something very simple.
You guys familiar with these! Check them out and tell me what you think!

AndyMo

Yep, the kits and cymbals look excellent and are nicely shown off in this video too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuWwjtYqt0w

Would be great to hear from anyone who has had the chance to play them.

Cheers,
Andy

hemiboy

I contacted Field drums over the weekend and asked them what kind of triggers they have crossbar or pan drop in or basket type or lug mounted or an "inhead type" or an external  and all they  answered back was it's not a crossbar or an external and only said it is their own patented design which tells me nothing! It could be a copy of the inhead or maybe something like the newest Alesis  head. Maybe I am reading into it too much but sounds  like another mystery  company. They are shipped with Mylar heads but the rep told me that I could use any type of head but didn't actually say mesh. Maybe  Roland is breaking their b---s which would explain the vagueness. They look nice and so do the cymbals but 2box compatability has not been  confirmed 100 percent no brochures available yet so I asked for pics of the triggers . Let see what they come  back with. Just wanted to find out what they were about and get some basic info.  Just wanted to see what I can buy on e bay a year or two down the road from a disgusted father of a spoiled little rich kid who now wants to be a mountain climber  instead of a drummer, lol! Is anybody playing the latest version of Field drums? I just found out they have been around for 6 or 7 years

digitalDrummer

I have been talking to Field for some time and gather they are working on new products. It's understandable that they wouldn't say too much before they're ready to go, and I've been assured that they would like their gear tested with the rigour we apply to all our reviews. So, watch this space ...

hemiboy

Yeah , I spoke to Todd  Fields and he told me what I had suspected and voiced. Yes, they are in fact , on the verge of introducing a revamped trigger system with their kits in the next two months which explains the vagueness in his earlier e mails in reference to his products. Sounds like he might be on to something a little unique in reference to his triggers, but we 'll see, he did at least tell that they will be internal triggers, not a copy cat inhead and can be used also with mesh heads

hemiboy

Do any of you guys own the newest version of Field cymbals?

hemiboy

Just wanted to re open this thread . Anybody playing On Field drums or Cymbals?  Curious what kinda triggering systems they use for them. I know they have been around at least 5 to 6 years and I heard like any other company , they had some bumps in the road in the beginning. But , the latest products are supposed to be a total redesign