News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Mackie TH-12A Active speaker

Started by roel, April 23, 2011, 11:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roel

I want to know if the new Mackie TH-12A is a good active speaker for my 2box set.
I only want to use it at home.

http://www.bax-shop.nl/e-200-tot-e-500-/mackie-th-12a-actieve-luidspreker/product-details.html

edtc

hi Roel,

i dont know this particular model , but i d recomend you to take a model with a 15" woofer ...  it will have a more power and clearer sound on the low range ... much better for the kick , even at lower volumes ... but are we able not to play loud ?  ;)

roel

Quote from: edtc on April 23, 2011, 01:39:40 PM
hi Roel,

i dont know this particular model , but i d recomend you to take a model with a 15" woofer ...  it will have a more power and clearer sound on the low range ... much better for the kick , even at lower volumes ... but are we able not to play loud ?  ;)

It is for home use so it does not to be the best active speaker that's on the market. I think this one is better than a roland pm10 any comments?

puttenvr

I think any headphone will give you a better sound and more playing fun @home than a louzy powered speaker. Be it this cheap Mackie or a Roland toy. Do the neighbours want to hear drumsound, or what's the problem?

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on April 23, 2011, 07:19:59 PM
I think any headphone will give you a better sound and more playing fun @home than a louzy powered speaker. Be it this cheap Mackie or a Roland toy. Do the neighbours want to hear drumsound, or what's the problem?

I have a good headphone that's not the case, my question is the Mackie th-a12 good for home use? roland sells the pm10, I don't think that the Mackie is a louzy speaker.

puttenvr

Well, then don't ask, just buy it  :D

I wondered why this one is a lot cheaper than the Mackie SRM 450 (or JBL EON G2)
It has a 12 inch speaker with a SPL of 117 db and a small (1) horn
The SRM 450 also has a 12 inch speaker, but a 1,75 horn and more SPL
Don't care about the number watts, which seems to be equa. But the 2 speakers don't deliver the same amount of music energy. This energy is NOT needed for playing loud, but for getting a good drum sound

Please read
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,8.0.html

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on April 24, 2011, 06:36:31 AM
Well, then don't ask, just buy it  :D

I wondered why this one is a lot cheaper than the Mackie SRM 450 (or JBL EON G2)
It has a 12 inch speaker with a SPL of 117 db and a small (1) horn
The SRM 450 also has a 12 inch speaker, but a 1,75 horn and more SPL
Don't care about the number watts, which seems to be equa. But the 2 speakers don't deliver the same amount of music energy. This energy is NOT needed for playing loud, but for getting a good drum sound

Please read
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,8.0.html

I read on other drum forums that the mackie th-15a is a great active speaker, so I was wondering about the new mackie th-12a....

The mackie th-15a is also a lot cheaper than the srm 350 and 450 and delivers good quality sound.But I thought there where some user experience with those speakers on this forum.It is for home use so It does need to be the best active speaker that's on the market.

puttenvr

Quote from: roel on April 24, 2011, 10:08:45 AM
The mackie th-15a is also a lot cheaper than the srm 350 and 450 and delivers good quality sound.

Who says?
You do
Please test it with the 2Box before buying

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on April 24, 2011, 10:45:39 AM
Who says?
You do
Please test it with the 2Box before buying

Sure I will test it but I just thought there where more user experience.

puttenvr

Don't think there are
They are quite new

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on April 25, 2011, 07:37:00 AM
Don't think there are
They are quite new

Ok thanx anyway for your advice Rob.

Remi

I have the th 15a (tapco)
thats before mackie saw that it was better to sell them under there own name.

I always use my headphones  :)

roel

Quote from: Remi on April 26, 2011, 07:48:53 PM
I have the th 15a (tapco)
thats before mackie saw that it was better to sell them under there own name.

Ok Remi, What do you think about the TH-15A? how is the sound?

edtc

Hi Roel

As nobody here seems to own those Mackies , here is a little advice ...

When you buy something on the internet , you have 30 days to cancel the transaction if the product dont satisfy you ... so if you wanna try one , it will only cost you 10 or 15 euros for the post return , and nothing if you like them...
it s totally legal.

digitalDrummer

We did a review of amps and powered speakers in the first issue of www.digitalDrummermang.com. It has some good information and user comments about various models. You access back issues through the current edition - and we've even got an ad to tell you which edition contains which reviews.