News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Are Velocity Curves Applied Globally?

Started by Talk Show Host, April 16, 2011, 05:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talk Show Host

Hi everyone!

I love my Drumit 5 module! I have a question:

Is it possible to store a velocity curve (i.e. Max 2) along with an individual kit? This is crucial for playing electronic kicks & snares live.

I need the Drumit 5 to switch from an electronic kit with a fixed velocity and volume to an acoustic kit with full dynamics.

Thanks!

Slap the drummer

Since nobody else has answered I'll say no I'm almost 100% certain that you can't.
Because the curves apply to the triggers at basic unit level, not to the kits.
Personally I think it wd be useful but I guess it wd need a total redesign of the module.

If you find different pls post an update.

Jman

as Slap said, universal, not per kit. This is not only 2Box though, this is how all the different drum modules work, at least all the ones I have owned. In some modules there are multiple trigger banks for different settings ... trigger bank 1, 2, 3, etc. , so with a click or 2 of a button or footswitch you could do what you are thinking about, in a slightly dif way, but still doable. This might be a possibility for a software upgrade for Drumit 5, but I'm not sure. For me though there are more important features than that I would rather see implemented. I had multiple trigger banks available in my other modules and barely used the feature. That is a nice feature when using the same drum module for multiple drummers though or different kits with multiple brands of pads.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

nonoduweb

Indeed, it is not possible actually. Perhaps with the druminit file, but I have never tried.
It would be good in a next update to add the possibility to load different config files "DrumIt.dkit".
The parameters of the menu UNIT and KIT should be placed on two differents files. We could so load new kits or a new pad configuration.
IDW(*), of course.

(*): If Deve Wants

Jman

Quote from: nonoduweb on April 18, 2011, 06:39:15 AM

It would be good in a next update to add the possibility to load different config files "DrumIt.dkit".
The parameters of the menu UNIT and KIT should be placed on two differents files. We could so load new kits or a new pad configuration.
IDW(*), of course.

(*): If Deve Wants

Now that idea I LIKE! .... this would also be a work around for having more than 100 kits. Do modifications to any or all kits ..... and save those mods while still being able to revert back to originals.

Right now I have come up with my own work around for having a set of kits to mod while keeping the originals. Since I did the exterior card slot, i am setting up multiple cards... a few extra bucks, but worth it IMO.

Talk Show Host

Aww.. I was afraid of that answer, but I think I can manage the work around ideas. Thanks.  I do find it odd that one can't make this happen given it's "open" philosophy.

I just seems like an extra kilobyte of data stored with each kit preference.  I mean, would it really be that difficult?  Thanks.

Think about my situation:  My 80's cover band plays Blue Monday and Depeche Mode (all needing fixed velocities) and then we go into Duran Duran, and Peter Gabriel and INXS, with real kits.

I'm interested in JMan temporary footswitch solution.  Can you please possibly write step-by-step instructions? 

edtc

Quote from: Talk Show Host on April 19, 2011, 01:32:40 AM
I do find it odd that one can't make this happen given it's "open" philosophy.

Users like us often mistake between "open source" and "open sound" ... 2BOX's OS isnt open source ...

but i guess developpers are listening to our ideas and needs , and after a while , most of the good ones will be added , even if only a few needs them ... the 2box R&D crew isnt Roland's army ...(louis could save them time for the editor's developement.. ;) )

By the way , i personally find it s usefull  to have ability to save alternate triggers settings with kits ...
    for example  we could have the choice between a  general setting mode common to most kits , and  a specific setting mode for some kits ...

Jman

Quote from: Talk Show Host on April 19, 2011, 01:32:40 AM
I'm interested in JMan temporary footswitch solution.  Can you please possibly write step-by-step instructions? 

You misunderstood.... not possible presently with 2Box .... I was talking about other brand modules. Even on other brand modules trigger parameters are universal, not by kit, but some modules have multiple trigger banks .... still universal to all kits, but more than one bank, so in that case you can switch trigger banks, and each bank can be set up for different type triggers, different parameters.   So you could have one bank set up to trigger max velocity, one with your normal trigger response, etc...