News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

standalone 2box kickdrum

Started by roel, April 13, 2011, 03:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Progdrummer

I got the bassdrum holder from Triggerhead but I'm not completely satisfied yet.
The upper part is still suffering a little, especially when i'ts about long double bass patterns at high/average speed (>160 bpm), maybe I'm not getting the montage right but still...
The positive news is that it's not linked to the whole rack anymore so no more influence on the tom or the cymbals at all.
I just need to make it more sturdy.
Maybe using the TDrum Triggerball beater with the original mesh the rebound is still too much, I'm not sure if I should change the mesh or not...

Murgen

I'm in an experiment with 628 mesh head and Pearl wooden beater (orange), works for me.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Progdrummer

that's interesting, but I think the minus for me is the wobbling on the upper part, which is still pretty consistent (I'm using a Pearl Eliminator with black cam and medium spring tension, so there's no need to push it too much to get speed); maybe I could use the part of the 2Box rack where the basspad was originally mounted to create an upper support and avoid any wobbling, but I don't know how to fix it to the Triggerhead kickpad without making a mess :D