News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Add a decent Effect processor

Started by Evort, November 26, 2012, 11:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evort

Add a decent reverb Delay effect proccesor to the module, to add some space around your drum sound, for making a nice big convolution snare verb, for making a nice tempo sync delay to make you samples extremely wide.

edtc

as we know it , the Drumit5's processor is not powerfull enough to handle a serious effect processor ... this could be fixed by using a third party processor ...

I ve made some trys by routing the fx to an output going to a reverb plugin on my computer , and it worked great .   I used the flanger effect built  in the drummit with the parameters set so that the fx is just sending a signal to the output , with a minimal modulation ...  ( depth set to 0 )

Developers could easyly make an update so that we could use the internal fx bus just like an "AUX bus " ...

joeysculla

+ 1 for good FX. Actually I'd kill for a bus comp.

However, I carry around a couple of channels of compression to gigs and get the tech to pop them over the subgroup. For cheap hardware comp for individual drums outputs or small groups the DBX 266xl / xs is fine.

You wouldn't use it for individual drums, but as a stereo bus comp, one of the better affordable optical comp is: http://www.fmraudio.com/rnc.html great for live.

Re: previous post, I'm actually using this pedal over a couple of the stereo outputs: http://www.hardwirepedals.com/en/products/rv-7

Live this is a beast of a pedal. The weight and the build quality is amazing and as good if not better than some of the rack-mounted $500 + effects units I own.

Dänoh

Personally, I prefer analogue (external) bus-compression over anything compressed by a digital chip.

But, as I've said it elsewhere in the forum:

Quote from: Dänoh on November 10, 2013, 01:42:40 AM
Regarding the processing-power of the Drumit-5 itself:
Let's just say that  'more is better!!!'

Now, where's that dedicated memory-partition for Impulse Resonses, I wanna see a built-in convolution-reverb!!!

Convolution Reverb, please! - The SD-memory to hold dedicated impulses is already there!