News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Mixed emotions

Started by Dr.Wu, September 01, 2009, 01:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilC

Quote from: deadlyman on October 05, 2009, 07:58:41 PM
Also i'd like to point out that my cymbals never had the choke facility

Have you checked that Choke is turned on in the unit?

Scottie

Quote from: deadlyman on October 05, 2009, 07:58:41 PM
Also i'd like to point out that my cymbals never had the choke facility

Hi deadlyman

If your cymbals never had the choke function then the chances are that the function isn't enabled in the menu. If you press UNIT then PAGE-DOWN to the TRIG page press the cymbal button on the left hand side of the Unit, it should display the functions for that cymbal. Then in the center of the display at the top it will say most likely say OFF? If it does, press the button directly above it, to turn it ON.

Also make sure that you are chocking the cymbal on the edge, as sometimes people hold it to far in to the cymbal.

Thanks
Scott

deadlyman

Thanks scottie, but no luck after trying that again. The other day the crash cymbals was responding on its 3 zones now its only 2 , the bell and the edge. I've tried different leads too and luck at all . It seems the cymbals are faulty

Dr.Wu

i checked the one cymbal in my set that is faulty today and found that one of the three cables inside the cymbal became loose. The soldering looks really delicate for an item that is supposed to be banged all day witrh drumsticks.
I also noticed that there are several pieces of plastic on the carpet where the kit stands that came off the pads.