News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Mixed emotions

Started by Dr.Wu, September 01, 2009, 01:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Wu

I love the sound and the responsiveness of the pads but after drummming on it for an hour or so the ridecymbal would only trigger on the bell but not on the other two zones anymore. Tried the pad with several inputs and the problem was always the same so i guess something broke inside when i banged on it.
Unfortunately it seems that the german distributor cannot deliver any replacement pads at the moment.
Cant really test a kit with no ride.
Its a shame because the sounds are very promising.

Scottie

Hi Dr.Wu

Can i ask where you brought your kit from?

Thanks
Scott

Dr.Wu

i didnt buy it yet.
i am still trying to decide but so far i am not too impressed by the built quality.
Another thing that bugs me is that the hihat f.e. does not react to any volumechanges from the volumeknob underneath the display.

Scottie

Quote from: Dr.Wu on September 02, 2009, 10:23:23 PM
i didnt buy it yet.
i am still trying to decide but so far i am not too impressed by the built quality.
Another thing that bugs me is that the hihat f.e. does not react to any volumechanges from the volumeknob underneath the display.

Hi Dr.Wu

So did you adjust the setting within the Unit for the ride and the Hihat? Was the Hihat calibrated?

What is it about the build quality that your not impressed with?

Thanks
Scott

Dr.Wu

We tried calibrating the hihat several times. It triggers ok and switches from open to closed with no prob- its just that the outer right knob underneath the display doesnt change the hihat volume-although it shows a change in the display. Maybe a software problem but i couldnt find any function to do a factory reset.

I felt that the bassdrum pad is VERY noisy and feels wobblish and unsolid and the fact that the ride pad died within one hour of playing on it didnt help to make me feel positive about the overall built quality.
If i buy it i would probably replace several things right away like the hihat hardware and the kickpad and the snare pad would get a seperate stand too as the one that comes with the 2box didnt really keep the snare at the same height throughout a session.

Whats really cool about the unit is the sound. Snare and Toms in particular sound really cool.

ber0ni

Hi...if you're not satisfied with ze kit ...then wait for them (pads, module etc...)to be sold seperately ;) I would do that if i haven't fell in love with the orange beauty :D

Quote from: Dr.Wu on September 03, 2009, 07:59:29 PM
We tried calibrating the hihat several times. It triggers ok and switches from open to closed with no prob- its just that the outer right knob underneath the display doesnt change the hihat volume-although it shows a change in the display. Maybe a software problem but i couldnt find any function to do a factory reset.

I felt that the bassdrum pad is VERY noisy and feels wobblish and unsolid and the fact that the ride pad died within one hour of playing on it didnt help to make me feel positive about the overall built quality.
If i buy it i would probably replace several things right away like the hihat hardware and the kickpad and the snare pad would get a seperate stand too as the one that comes with the 2box didnt really keep the snare at the same height throughout a session.

Whats really cool about the unit is the sound. Snare and Toms in particular sound really cool.

Scottie

Quote from: Dr.Wu on September 03, 2009, 07:59:29 PM

Hi Dr.Wu

Can i ask what store you played the kit in?

Thanks
Scott

Dr.Wu

i have the kit in my studio at the moment. My dealer was cool enough to let me test it in private.
I have to make my mind up until next week.
Definetly not gonna buy it if they cant deliver a replacement for the broken ridecymbal until then.

Scottie

Quote from: Dr.Wu on September 04, 2009, 06:09:31 PM
i have the kit in my studio at the moment. My dealer was cool enough to let me test it in private.
I have to make my mind up until next week.
Definetly not gonna buy it if they cant deliver a replacement for the broken ridecymbal until then.

Hey Dr.Wu that is very cool of your dealer  ;D have you been in contact with the German distributor yourself, or has your dealer? Do you mind me asking what dealer it is?

It sounds to me like one of the wires could have come away from the connector, a pain i know, but sometimes these things happen with electronics!
So far in the UK from what i can remember we have only had to replace one Hihat out of all the kits that we have sent out, so we have been happy with the pad quality so far!

Thanks
Scott

Dr.Wu

communication with the distributor has been handled by the dealer.
I prefer to keep the dealers name confidential as the german distributor wants them to keep the one kit they got on display.
I feel rather privileged that i got the chance to test it in my private environment.

So you did have a replacement pad in stock?
Its a shame that the german distributor cant deliver any.

BTW thanks for the fix for the hihat volume knob!
Glad its just a simple software issue.

Scottie

Quote from: Dr.Wu on September 04, 2009, 08:01:41 PM
communication with the distributor has been handled by the dealer.
I prefer to keep the dealers name confidential as the german distributor wants them to keep the one kit they got on display.
I feel rather privileged that i got the chance to test it in my private environment.

So you did have a replacement pad in stock?
Its a shame that the german distributor cant deliver any.

BTW thanks for the fix for the hihat volume knob!
Glad its just a simple software issue.

No problem. It is something that has just come to light, so i wanted to let everyone know  ;D

I totally understand you wanting to keep the dealer name confidential. I will speak with Hyperactive on monday for you, and just make sure that there is nothing that can be done to sort this out, so you can really test the kit out. If there isn't and they are simply waiting for the next shipment to come in, there might be another route that we can take, but i will speak with them first.

Thanks for the feedback with the kit, this is all really helpful with sorting any issues.
Scott

Scottie

Hi Dr.Wu

I spoke with Hyperactive this morning for you, and the ride can be swapped over for a replacement. Hyperactive were surprised when i told them about this, as it is the first they had heard about it!

I have sent you a PM so we can get this matter moving forward.

Thanks
Scott

deadlyman

Hi i've had the kit for over a month, and i've been impressed with it a lot. But alas the same thing has happened with me now, the ride cymbal stopped triggering completely, and the crash cymbal will only trigger on the  outer zone, and it's response is very weak. I've adjusted a lot of settings onthe brain and no luck! What should i do as it seems i cant contact 2box as they're away on holidays!

deadlyman

Also i'd like to point out that my cymbals never had the choke facility

Remi

2Box is on holiday for a very long time,
Any job for me there ;D