News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Kickdrum much to far away

Started by rudiman, October 27, 2010, 04:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudiman

Picked up my new kit today..lucky me it is the latest version with the improved rack :-)
I set it up following the manual , but my kickdrum is much to far foward. ?
Anyone facing this problem?

Oke i can put my chair closer to it but then the toms are overlapping my snare.
I mirrored the curved pipe where the two toms are on so it bend outwards.
Doesn't look so good, but its much better playable now.
This evening i goona tweak the setup, and friday a gonna hookup the brain.

UPDATE:

I double checked the manual , and.. upper curved pipe must be mounted bending outwards ;D

rythm

Does it help if you also put the lower pipe bending outward?

rudiman

No , bending the lower pipe outwards brings the bassdrum further away.

HM

You can sit more like facing the left corner of the rack. This allows you to bring the bass drum pad as close as you want. However, I think the ergonomically best way to play is to have your knee approximately at a 90 degree angle when pedaling, also on hi-hat. You can also adjust your throne to achieve that.

Evy

The top pipe is supposed to curve outwards, the bottom inwards.  hat brings the bass drum in towards the player.

rythm

Quote from: rudiman on October 27, 2010, 10:13:00 PM
No , bending the lower pipe outwards brings the bassdrum further away.

Sorry, read your post totally wrong. My issue is the opposite - I´ve need to get the kick further away.

roel

Quote from: rythm on October 28, 2010, 06:50:26 PM
Sorry, read your post totally wrong. My issue is the opposite - I´ve need to get the kick further away.

Hahaha so you're 2,5 m.

rythm

Not yet  ;) But I´ll try putting the pipe bending outwards.

nengstro

I had the same problem. I solved it with two adjustments to the setup proposed in the manual.

1. Curve the lower rack pipe inward (toward you), but that is by now probably obvious, have seen that set up in most music store show rooms....

2. Mounting the toms on the backside of the tom mounts, with the toms floating directly above the upper long rack pipe. In order for the toms not to touch on to the HW I reversed the L-rod with the longer part being the one going in to the tom.

Next rack update 2box need to look over the design....   this twiddling about to find a normal playing position shouldn´t be necessary....