News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

DDrum4SE 1.54 Problems NEED HELP!!!

Started by TrommelTheo, March 06, 2011, 08:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrommelTheo

Hello DDrum4 User or Ex-DDrum4 User,

I have a big Problem on my DDrum 4 SE
A few Inputs have no good functions :'(
BD, Tom 1, Percussion and Cymbal 2 are very bad. It´seems, that the knob for the Sensitiviy don´t react like it should do. Sometimes I´ll get a high input, somtimes only a small input if i put the Dynamics on "off"-

I´m really afraid that i´ve bought a defective module :-/
Could it be, that I´ve soldered my DIY-Toms and Bass wrong? I Can´t believe, cause with my Stereo-Soldered Snare I´ve the same Probs.

Is there someone, who knows more about this fact?

Theo

ddrum4se

Hi Theo,

I have a ddrum4se 1.50 module, but I have not experienced this.

I have read somewhere another thread about "re-setting" the module to the factory default - could that do any good as a start?

Also maybe try plugging the bass and other triggers into the other functioning ports on the module (tom 2, 3) and see if they work, that way you know it is not the solder and you can beging to isolate the problem?

TrommelTheo

That´s the Problem,

I´ve tried everything, differnet Pads, Cables, inputs, sometimes it runs, sometimes not, sometimes only with low out, and the LED won´t run over the middle when i hit the pad and look after the sensitivity. It´s a mystery...
Theo

BTW: I´ve tried the Re-settig 3 or 4 Times...

Jman

Nothing to do with DDrum4SE ... but in general I have run into electrical contact problems with machanical dials or sliders on several devices...... sound module, mixer, 24 channel recorder. If you decide to open your module you could spray the affected parts with contact cleaner and turn the dial back and forth while applying. On my devices I have had success without even opening them up .... just spraying into the dial from the top with the knob removed ... You could have dirty or corroded contacts.... Maybe a beer got spilled on the module at some point ;D
The good thing about electronic contact cleaners is they are non corrosive and dry very quickly, so you don't have to wait long to test it out....  I have also sprayed the audio inputs when I had problems and that helped once or twice..... Dunno, just a thought.

I think if it were me I would open the module and have a look inside. Can't hurt to clean it out... using some kind of aeresol blower...like keyboard cleaner.... check for corrosion, bad solder joints, etc ... use contact cleaner .... can't hurt, IMO.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

edtc

I think Jman should be right , the symptom looks like a dirty potentiometer ...
I had the same kind of stuff with an adat preamp ...I changed it and it was ok....
  try with the contact cleaner first ....

TrommelTheo

I´ve just cleaned the Knobs and inputs with Contact-Spray and tested a mono-Tom and: it Looks very good  ;D ;D ;D

Next days I will set up my Kit and try....

Thx for your hrlp and issus

Theo

Jman

Quote from: TrommelTheo on March 13, 2011, 06:18:30 PM
I´ve just cleaned the Knobs and inputs with Contact-Spray and tested a mono-Tom and: it Looks very good  ;D ;D ;D

Next days I will set up my Kit and try....

Thx for your hrlp and issus

Theo

Love it when that happens! :rock: :drum2:
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/