News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Is there and edge gain setting for cymbals?

Started by Jman, February 24, 2011, 04:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jman

I couldn't find this specifically in the manual or through my searches... and haven't received my module and pads yet ... wondering how much adjustment is possible between zones as far as trigger parameters..... does the edge zone on crashes/ride have a separate gain control? or threshold setting? ... basically wondering what, if any trigger parameters can be adjusted separately for crashes and ride.

I assume the snare and toms have separate adjustments, especially since you can split those inputs for 2 separate pads if you want .... but the cymbals??
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

nonoduweb

Hi
there are just some global settings for a cymbal.
You can adjust a general gain, threshold, balance, volume or midi note but each zone cannot be adjusted separately.

edtc

I agree with you Jman this would be usefull, maybe in next OS ... it s one of the feature we asked for un this forum ...

edtc

... but we have been asking for so many things ... i guess they are really busy in sweeden ....:)

edtc

yes , dsoundtool is a solution , but it would be better to have possibility to do it "on the fly" without the need to use a  computer...

puttenvr

Why would we have seperate settings for bell and edge, anyway?

edtc

dont you find that sometimes the balance between the bow and the bell or the edge sound are not optimal ? depending the kind of music you play , different settings could be nice...

madmanmafimardi

Quote from: puttenvr on February 24, 2011, 05:42:27 PM
Why would we have seperate settings for bell and edge, anyway?

Customizing are the soul of Drumit5, thats why.......

Jman

Thanks for the replies, once again. That's the info I needed. As far as the why.... from a personal interest... I plan to use my own cymbals on the kit. With the stock cymbals naturally the module should be set optimally from factory.... But with other brand cymbals, or in my case my own .... a little extra leeway is nice.

I assume the velocity of edge is determined from the main piezo ... On my kit currently I have 2 or 3 zone sizes from 12" all the way up to 20" just like an acoustic kit ... with larger cymbals the distance from the main piezo to the edge/switch increases so the response of the edge will normally be lower ... nice to have a separate gain control to adjust for that. J

Jman

Quote from: madmanmafimardi on February 24, 2011, 05:25:14 PM
Dsound tool

Thanks, Cool to have this resource .... definitely on my list when I finally get my setup... looks like it will be a great addition ... unlocking the tool cabinet... 

puttenvr

Quote from: edtc on February 24, 2011, 05:46:46 PM
dont you find that sometimes the balance between the bow and the bell or the edge sound are not optimal ? depending the kind of music you play , different settings could be nice...

No.
And when yes: the cymbal pad should be that good that it translates any kind of dynamics I play, for no matter what kind of music. Like on a real cymbal.

edtc

Quote from: puttenvr on February 25, 2011, 07:38:50 AM
No.
And when yes: the cymbal pad should be that good that it translates any kind of dynamics I play, for no matter what kind of music. Like on a real cymbal.

... piezo based cymbals will never act like real cymbals ... also  some of us are not using 2box original triggers and need some extra tweekings...   
   and IMO some Dsounds do have a "too loud "bell sound , or a too week edge sound ...