News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Recording

Started by BlingBling, February 12, 2011, 03:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlingBling

Hi everybody
So yesterday I bought a cable and connected it over my keystudio 49i, which is also an audio interface to my mac (http://www.m-audio.com/images/global/media_hqpics/keyStudio_49back.jpg)
I have logic pro 9. So when I want to record with my 2box it  is makin a noisy sound and also the recorded stuff doesnt sound relly good! Are their some thing with 2box you have to pay atttion wehn you want to record? Or is it my keystudio or logic?!?

Thanks much for replying

fishmonkey

what kind of "noisy sound"???

BlingBling

it makes kind off "tzzzzzzzzzzzzz"^^like when you connect something wrong an electric sound! and you can also hear that on the stuff you recorded....
I dont freakin know why! :(

thx

fishmonkey

what kind of cable did you use? and which input on the keyboard?

BlingBling

I bought this cable and bought two attachements for the module output 1 and 2 so then I connected it with the Aux input in my keystudio...

Cable: http://www.rock-cable.com/products/cinch.html

Thanks for your help I really appreciate that!

fishmonkey

maybe you have a ground loop, which causes a buzzing/humming sound...

what kind of Mac do you have? is the Mac running off the mains, or battery?

what about the keyboard? is it bus-powered or are you using the power adapter?

are the 2 Box, keyboard, and computer plugged into the same mains power socket, or different ones?

fishmonkey

Quote from: BlingBling on February 13, 2011, 12:40:07 PM
and bought two attachements for the module output 1 and 2

do you mean two of these?

BlingBling

BlingBling

I have an I mac: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/imac?mco=MTcyMTgwNTQ this one (21")
It is running with mains! the keyboard is running withe USB powered by my mac!
They are plugged in different ones!

fishmonkey

it is usually better to use the same mains socket.

do you have the noise when you are not actually playing the drums? and does the noise change when you adjust the output volume on the 2 Box module?

BlingBling

okay I ll plugg them in the same socket. the sound start at the moment when I press the Input button in logic 9 anthe same when i press record!

p929

have you thought that the connectors might be the problem? I mean, for low quality audio stuff you get a lot of noise. For instance, a guitar cable, if it's low quality when you plug it to an amp you might recognize the zzzzzzz instantaneously. Just my 2 cents 

edtc

BlingBling

yes it might be the connectors...but why low audio stuff?? I also could be my keystudio but I dont hope so because otherwise I have to buy me a new audio interface :(

fishmonkey

it's possible but unlikely that the connectors are causing the problem. we are talking about line level signals here, which is very different to the weak signals that come from passive electric guitar pickups.

i suggest you upload a sample of the noise so that we can listen to it.

do you still have noise if you turn the 2 Box module off?

do you have noise if the there is nothing plugged into the AUX inputs?

do you get the same noise if you plug another device into the AUX inputs, e.g. a CD player?