News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Midi link between TD20 and Ddrum4se

Started by ddrum4se, January 31, 2011, 07:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddrum4se

Hello -

I am trying to link my TD20 with the Ddrum4se via MIDI - using the TD20 as master and ddrum4se as slave - in other words using the ddrum sounds but playing the TD20.

I have hooked them up midi out (TD20) and midi in (ddrum4se) both set to channel 10 midi - and have managed to get the snare rim on the hi hat bow, bass on the hi hat edge, snare rim correct with snare rim and tom 1 correct - I know (I think) I need to assign different midi note values to snare, rim etc between 0 - 127 but how do I do this??

All help gratefully received - thanks in advance,

ddrum4se

Cracked it. Midi out Roland to Midi in ddrum. Whack Roland/Boom Theory pad - press instrument, press control, press midi - spin dial (changing midi note number) until it picks up the ddrum sound you want - repeat for all drums, cymbals etc. :animal:

UC

Quite why you'd want to risk infecting your beautiful ddrums is beyond me but well done for solving it, and thumbs up for reporting back :)

ddrum4se

Quote from: UC on February 15, 2011, 11:25:37 PM
Quite why you'd want to risk infecting your beautiful ddrums is beyond me but well done for solving it, and thumbs up for reporting back :)

I know, I know. I love the ddrum4se, since I got it in 2002. Solid as a rock, and great sounding. Love Volvo`s too - must be something about the Swedes and how they build things.

rythm

Quote from: ddrum4se on February 18, 2011, 04:30:12 PM
I know, I know. I love the ddrum4se, since I got it in 2002. Solid as a rock, and great sounding. Love Volvo`s too - must be something about the Swedes and how they build things.

You´re welcome to buy my V70  :)

ddrum4se

rythm

ddrum4se

Oh well......It is still a nice (hopefully) safe car!

puttenvr

Is 2Box a Chinese brand, or Swedish?
Same for Volvo
And Abba. All made in Sweden

ddrum4se

Having some fun at the moment - I have set up my old 1981 Tama drums, and attached the DDRUM Pro drum triggers to them, and have these triggering Simon Phillips mega kit in the Ddrum4SE module - which creates a monster blended sound between the module and physical drums. Great fun and sounds.

ddrum4se

Some pics of the kit....ddrum pro triggers and ddrum4se.... :animal: