News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

about SD card replacement ....

Started by edtc, January 22, 2011, 05:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edtc

hi

i finally got my replacement card today ... it took one month for Musicstore.de to react :f.....g christmas...:)

Thanx to hyperactive , they sent me the SDcard the day after musicstore contacted them  ... they are "hyperREactive" ;)

But that s not the point... 

Replacement is quite easy , but you have to be really carefull :

-on my module , the 5 bottom lid screws werent TORX as said on 2box website . There were PHILIPS screws instead , and some were really hard to unscrew. The metal thread (on the upper orange lid) are really fragile , and i damaged some just while unscrewing , ... now i have 2 screws that are quite loose ...

- inside the module , one  screws holding the circuit board to the upper lid was missing ... not a big deal , but a bit disapointing for a 1000€ gear...

so be carefull , and if you are not confident on doing this , send your module to the shop , if they "massacre" the screw threads , at least you will still have your warranty ...

The good side , is that now my module is not freezing anymore  ,and i can play all kits :drum3:

have a nice day folks

rcprod

The distributor had changed the SD card for me before shipping the drum kit which was nice. However, when I first took the module out of the box I noticed that there was a rattling sound inside the module. I contacted the distributor and they said to go ahead and open it up to see what is causing the rattling sound. One of the screws that holds the motherboard in place had fallen out. I also noticed while gently checking the tension of the other screws that at least one other screw would continue turning and not fully tighten. I just placed the screw back in its place and closed up the module hoping for the best. Last weekend I took the module to band practice for the first time and when putting it away at the end of the rehearsal I heard the screw rattling around inside again.

Not sure if I should contact the distributor for a replacement module (or have them at least fix it properly) or just open it up again myself and apply something like Loctite Threadlocker Blue. I would appreciate your opinions regarding this.

Thanks.     

Slap the drummer

What is it with electronics and rubbish quality screws and threads!?

Unless they will actually swap the unit over, personally I wd prefer to fix it myself.  That way you know for
sure it hasn't met with any accidents etc, etc.
I assume tho that it is the thread on the base that has gone rather than the screw itself, so possibly
threadlocker won't really get a grip.

If it's any consolation, I had to swap a faulty SD card over and I know that not all the internal screws are gripping
properly now either.  I dare say it doesn't really matter all that much as long as the board is held in place
firmly enough.

The board in mine wasn't flat so one of the central screws has to hold the board down tight, but luckily that
screw has held up.  Two of the external screws were duff as well.  I'm waiting to make sure there really are no more
problems with the card and then I plan to try a bit of threadlocker on them (the external ones).

You've drawn their attention to the problem - I wd wait and only send it back if you really have to.

cheers

edtc

Quote from: Slap the drummer on January 25, 2011, 02:35:01 PM

Unless they will actually swap the unit over, personally I wd prefer to fix it myself.  That way you know for
sure it hasn't met with any accidents etc, etc.

I agree ... it s one reason why i did it myself ... other one was not to spend 15 days without module...