News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drum It 5 Keymap for BFD2

Started by rpb1966, January 17, 2011, 03:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rpb1966

Has anyone had any luck with making their own keymap with the Drum It 5 for BFD2, I am nearly there but the hi-hat in BFD2 is causing me a headache, anyone tried it?

Russ

edtc

fishmonkey

Quote from: rpb1966 on January 17, 2011, 03:47:36 AM
Has anyone had any luck with making their own keymap with the Drum It 5 for BFD2, I am nearly there but the hi-hat in BFD2 is causing me a headache, anyone tried it?

Russ

i was messing around with it a couple of months ago, and i could get everything apart from fast pedal opening hits working properly. i don't know if it is possible to get the response of the hihat as good as the 2 Box module. however i think one important thing is to have the hihat calibrated in the module so that there is very little pedal travel required to get the open sound.

what problems are you having with the hihat?

rpb1966

Exactly the same as you FishMonkey

fishmonkey

i'll have another look at it soon.

2 Box have indicated that they may be tweaking the MIDI output for the hihat in the future, which i think is the real issue. if you watch the MIDI coming from the module you can see that the way it transmits the pedal height message isn't ideal, it is very coarse and appears to cut off very quickly after a strike.

very frustrating since i bought BFD2 and the Jazz & Funk expansion primarily for triggering from the 2 Box kit...

rpb1966

TBH Ever since I have had the 2Box Kit my BFD2 software has been sitting dormant, the 2Box kit is way more expressive than BFD2.

Sorry FXpansion, but I'll use some of the samples with in the 2Box Kit  ;D

UC

Me too, funnily enough I just re-authenticated mine - hasn't been used for a year, which pretty much coincides with the orange beast coming to live with me.

How about we start a roll-call of 2box / BFD2 users and start throwing our old 5B's at people if we don't get satisfaction?

*stands at front of queue*

rpb1966

I will keep my BFD stuff on my hard drive I think some of the snare samples are very good so Ill make a few patches up multi-layered stuff of course and see what happens, but the 2 Box kit is so much better than BFD 2 and when I had my Ddrum 4SE I thought BFD2 was the dogs nuts, oh how I am spoilt for choice :-)