News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Is this an O-Ring?

Started by rcprod, January 13, 2011, 05:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcprod

Just wondering if I am counting the right thing when I am looking to see if my drum has 5 o-rings.

Here is a close-up picture of my snare and I have circled what I figure to be an o-ring.

Can someone please confirm if I am correct or not.

Thanks.

http://picasaweb.google.com/116868075460093306389/2BoxORingPic?authkey=Gv1sRgCLGCo_HXvIu-IQ#5561728505766798866

roel

Quote from: rcprod on January 13, 2011, 05:52:30 PM
Just wondering if I am counting the right thing when I am looking to see if my drum has 5 o-rings.

Here is a close-up picture of my snare and I have circled what I figure to be an o-ring.

Can someone please confirm if I am correct or not.

Thanks.

http://picasaweb.google.com/116868075460093306389/2BoxORingPic?authkey=Gv1sRgCLGCo_HXvIu-IQ#5561728505766798866

Thats correct.

mandubien

And is there someone here who knows where we can find those rings ? Cause if we break one of them, it would be MUCH easier to bye some than using warranty (I mean in France at least !).

ChrisP9

Somebody is about to send me a direct e-mail address to get some spares,
I'll pass it on if its of use once I get it.

Any other links or suggestions to getting the rings?
Iv had a snapped one for 2 weeks now with the rim disconnected

edtc

try plumber or automotive shops..

fishmonkey

Quote from: ChrisP9 on January 13, 2011, 10:19:27 PM
Any other links or suggestions to getting the rings?
Iv had a snapped one for 2 weeks now with the rim disconnected

they are just standard o-rings, as mentioned above you can get them from hardware or auto supplies.

it's a good idea to take a sample with you, so that you get some of the right size and thickness. if you use longer or thinner ones, the tension isn't high enough to hold the rim securely in place.

the o-ring system is really poor in my opinion (and experience). the kind of material that o-rings are made of isn't really designed to hold tension, it's meant to be under compression. so for sure the things will break pretty regularly. every 2 Box kit should come with a box of spare o-rings.

another thing, other parts of the rim trigger assembly can break very easily if you play with missing o-rings, especially if you have the 3 o-ring pads. it's not always immediately obvious when an o-ring breaks though, so it is worth checking your rims every now and again.