News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

A ghost in the machine ....?

Started by edtc, January 07, 2011, 01:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edtc

A ghost in the machine ....?

Hello

This is not a post about steward Copeland , the coolest drumer of last century ...

I noticed while playing some soft rythms that at the end of some sounds , you can hear someone's voice talking ,  dropping the drumsticks or making noize with the drumstool...

This happens  only on some layers of the dsnd file , so that appears randomly ...

For sure this is not a big deal ...but makes you feel a bit like Joan of Arch ;) and its sometimes quite spookie when you playe alone at night ...

In an older post , i spoke about some sound layers that have between 1 and 38 milliseconds  of silence before sounds attack ,  so i really think that more care should be taken while editing before releasing Dsound files .

I m also sure  that with actual digital technology , it s possible to have less hiss on some of the sounds ...

have a nice day

Evy

I hear it too once in a while, usually when I'm dialing through kits quickly.  Spooky indeed!!

roel

Quote from: Evy on January 07, 2011, 04:41:44 PM
I hear it too once in a while, usually when I'm dialing through kits quickly.  Spooky indeed!!

hahaha lol I noticed it also so Iam not the only one...

edtc

... this could prevent some people to consult a psychologist for nothing ...  :o

Evy

Some words of encouragement would have been nice tho...softly--"You are such a good drummer..handsome too." ;)

puttenvr

... wish this post was about Steward Copeland

edtc

Quote from: puttenvr on January 07, 2011, 07:33:03 PM
... wish this post was about Steward Copeland

ROOOOB VAN  .... you dont have to "putten" the red (bass drum) light ..... ;)

signature

::) Sounds like there really are spirits in the material world, and that this kit has you wrapped around its finger... :'(

rcprod

Sounds like they "Murdered the recording process 123, (apparently) it's as easy to do as your ABC's."

8)

Evy

You can almost hear every breath the engineer takes.