News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Connection.. Pleas help!!!

Started by Mixmaster5, December 27, 2010, 06:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixmaster5

So I have some questions which are very important for me because I dont wanne buy anything unnessecary...

So first is it possible to connect my 2box with my m-audio keystudio 49i, which is also an audio interface, and record with the 2box on my computer (logic pro)?
Here the link were you can see the in and outputs of my keystudio 49i: http://www.m-audio.com/images/global/media_hqpics/keyStudio_49back.jpg
If possible what kind of cable?

Then I have also a digital recording station: Yamaha AW 16G so my question is how can I use this AW 16g as a midi controller for my mac? and what does it need (which cable or something like that) to connect it with my Imac? User manual aw 16g: http://www.usersmanualguide.com/yamaha_audio/recorders_(mtrs)/aw16g

and last question if theres a audio interface necessary which one would you recommend me? I want to connect my Rode NT a1 with the computer and 2 other microphone and if possible the aw16g...and if not something which has kind of a mixer built in. Price around 300-400 €

Thank you sooo soo much for replying!  :patbat2box:

spoenk

you can use the rca inputs or the trs input of the keystudio, to use the rca inputs use simple adapters ... or 2 cables with trs on the one side and rca on the other...

i don't think the aw16g is meant to be a midi controller...but why don't you read the manual yourself?

the aw16g is a recorder, you can connect two microphones at a time to it and i quess it should be possible to export the data to a computer for further processing...again you should find answers to your questions in your manual. as the keystudio is also an audio-interface with one xlr connector you can record one microphone at a time with it ...

Mixmaster5

what are rcs/trs inputs and what you mean withe simple adapter?? and where do I have to connect it withe my 2box?? Pleas describe it a bit more precysely...
And I read most of the manual...and I also read in the internet that you can just use it as a controller..
and why cant you record with the aw 16g over an audio interface??

Mixmaster5

..I went now again throu the manual (page 155.) but how in hell you connect it with the computer??????

edtc

I think you would have more chance by :

-reading the manual  
-searching on google the meaning of rca & trs
-ask those questions  on a homestudio forum here its a Edrum forum ...

-try by yourself ... plugging an output to an input should not be a problem as you name yourself "mixmaster" ;)

thanx

TRS to RCA   : stereo jack plug to cinch (like on cd players or turntables , one white one red...)

Mixmaster5

Well i think this forum is generally here to help other people with their problems...so mr.edtc I wont register me in a new forum just because of this question!!!!
Hahaha (ironic) no my name has nothing to do with my knowledge! And yeah actually my main question was can I record with my 2box over the key-studio 49i into my computer? and how? what do I have to do? ...and i think this is about E-drum!! or am I wrong? in my opinion is 2box an e-drum! So please other people help me...i would really appreciate that! Thx

edtc

I dont want to be rude or start an E-war ... but your question could be the same if you wanted to record a synthetizer or a cd player or even an IPOD..
... your question is about recording a "line in " signal and some microphones on a sound card and a yamaha digital recorder .... Would you go to an IPOD forum to ask how to use your sound card and Yamaha AW 16G ?

it s just to help you that I tell you to have a look on a homestudio forum , no need to register  to have a look

Mixmaster5

ok..but maybe someone on this forum can tell me how to "line in". Maybe ther is something different on 2box...or an other interface needed than my keystudio 49i to record! thats my I ask here because I think most of the people have a 2box here. Which forum would you recommend me?

edtc

found this on Manufacturer's Description for Yamaha AW16G

"And if you use a computer for music production, you can use the AW16G as a MIDI Remote Control surface for convenient packages, such as Cubase, Logic, and Sonar, using the physical faders and controls of the AW16G! You can even program your own remote templates by sending MIDI control data from a device to the AW16G in Remote mode. Control the filter cutoff of a synthesizer or the channel volumes of an XG tone generator, for example "

to record your drum , just plug out 1 & 2 of the 2box in line input 1 & 2 of your soundcard or recorder... have a look on the back , it s allways written on this type of gear ...if you get no sound , try other ins and verify options on your software, you have to tell the program what inputs you use for recording...
... making your own mistakes is a good way to improve yourself...

merry christmas

Mixmaster5

Thanks! Yeah I know about the remote control but there is nothing how to connect it with you computer. Theres just a picture withe a cable and it shows midi out to midi in but there is surly no midi in in my computer!
Merry X-Mas

fishmonkey

yes you can record using your KeyStudio.

the outputs of the 2box module are unbalanced line outs, and the auxiliary inputs on your KeyStudio are unbalanced line ins. all you need is two mono 1/4" phono to RCA cables, like these:

connect OUT 1 from the 2box module to the left (white) AUX input, and OUT 2 to the right (red) AUX input.

to use your AW16GE as a MIDI controller for your computer software, you will need some kind of MIDI interface to go between the AW16GE and the computer. i must say however that with your current level of knowledge, MIDI is likely to do your head in...

Mixmaster5