News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Complete Kit Sound Samples Uploaded

Started by NeilC, August 09, 2009, 09:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilC

OK, so hope there's no copyright infringements here or anything I'm assuming not, but I have looped a few bar sample for each kit, sorry it's nothing exciting, quite boring, and not ALL the sounds of the kit will be heard, but Kick, Snare, HH, Ride, Crash and toms will.

I think the sound file is a bit right side bias (due to my inputs not the brain), but it's totally raw out of the brain itself exported to 320kbps MP3... Here is the list Scottie provided, so patience will be needed...

Here is the link: http://www.neilcarden.co.uk/audio/2boxSamples.mp3

DrumIt_Live_Kit
Studio_Kit
The_Minneman_Kit
Stockholm_Jazz
Nippon_Recordings
Baba_Gilberto
Ambassadors_Cross
Marching_On
Give_It_Away
Grace_Night_Club
The_Pretender
Kashmir
Latin_Tims
LTJ_D&B
Urban_Kit_1
Emperors_Cross
Minneman_C_Maple
Joe's_Rosanna
Mr_Philips
Iggy_Punk
Peter_Lockett_Kit
Fatboy
So_What!!!
Oh! Snares!!!
Open_Sound
God_Put_A_Smile
Love_Stoned
Lenny_Go_My_Way
Cochise
Back_in_Black
Raining_Blood
Demetalized
Exodus
Hard_Nuts
Panned_Away
Roxanne
Congero
Locketts_India
Recording_Shells
Genius_John_G
Mckenzies_Mustach
Mix_Of_Toms
Minneman_Customs
Sweet_Home
Dani_California
Session_Kit
Minneman_Rim_Kit
The_Loopmaster_Kit
Loopmaster_Perc
Lockett_Variation
Bombay_Life
Cross_Mix
Snappy_Recordings
Maples
Higher_Emperor
Lower_Ambassadors
Dance_Dude
Custom_Maple
Maple_World
Cross_Stix_On_Rim
Latin_Rims
Gee_Ones!
Way_Down
Marine_Band
Kicking_Menace
Club_Gig
Tight_It_Up
Birdland
Late_Night
Jazzy
Fractions
Cymbalmania
Wierd_Rims
Balanced_Kit
Paranoia
Black_is_Back
Smoke_On_Water
More_Wierd_Rims
Balanced_RimTomg
Urbans_Kit
Slave_kit
Session_Kit
In_The_Studio
Dance_&_Beat
Hard_Kit
The_Gold_Kit
Deep_Kit
Sleep_Kit
Percussion_Kit
Sabosito
Medatic_Heros
Surdoi
Lationos
Urban_Kit_2
Bloody_Sunday
Sad_But_True
Wanna_be_Startin
Hot_Hey_Oh_Chilli
Van_Dyke
Vultures

Peter W

Some of the sounds are bit edgy or almost a subtle amount of distortion. Is this in the module or could it the levels set in the sound interface?

Peter

boekhour

That are a lot of (usable) kits!! Thanks for uploading and sorting this out.

NeilC

Quote from: Peter W on August 09, 2009, 11:31:53 PM
Some of the sounds are bit edgy or almost a subtle amount of distortion. Is this in the module or could it the levels set in the sound interface?

Peter

Hi, this could deffo be the sounds in the brain (i have tweaked the gain of some of the pads). To be honest I should have 'reset' the brain so it was out of the box.... but yeah - they don't distort on the brain itself.

Also I looked in the manual last night and I should have really taken outputs from all of the outputs as the pads are assigned to different ones, but all in all - it gives you an idea....

puttenvr

Quote from: NeilC on August 10, 2009, 08:15:40 AMbut yeah - they don't distort on the brain itself.

Neil, I realy apreciate the work you did, but since there is some distortion on the recording (and not on the brain) I don't think this is good for the imago of 2Box (neither is waiting for a kit another 2 months >:().
It's almost like listening to Vdrum clay sounds  :P Or am I exaggerating?

NeilC

Quote from: puttenvr on August 10, 2009, 01:23:32 PM
Quote from: NeilC on August 10, 2009, 08:15:40 AMbut yeah - they don't distort on the brain itself.

Neil, I realy apreciate the work you did, but since there is some distortion on the recording (and not on the brain) I don't think this is good for the imago of 2Box (neither is waiting for a kit another 2 months >:().

Totally appreciate the comment, but as long as people know that I had tweaked with the gain on the module and that the sounds are actually fine - I don't see it being a problem...

In essence this was just a rush sample file for people to hear the kits, as mentioned in an earier post, as long as I have time I can do proper recordings if people do want to hear a better quality version of a specific kit.

The mp3 here was one where I looped the bars, and after each one sat at the brain and turned the dial. And that took me 20 minutes, so tweaking for each kit would have taken a lot longer, and roughly got the same results - as a preview.

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on August 10, 2009, 01:23:32 PM

I think the samples are sounding great, but if I hear the mp3 files of the ddrum 4 se signature sounds on the clavia site...
they really sound great!!! but I never owned a ddrum 4 se. So what iam thinking are the 2box samples a lot better than the ddrum 4 se signature samples? because I don't hear al lot of difference between those...

puttenvr

The ddrum4 snare and tom sounds do sound more or less the same
But in the 2Box there a MORE sounds who sound very good
So you get 10 ddrum4 kits in 1 box

The 2Box cymbals sound better than on the ddrum4

NeilC

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on November 20, 2009, 08:53:30 PM
The ddrum4 snare and tom sounds do sound more or less the same
But in the 2Box there a MORE sounds who sound very good
So you get 10 ddrum4 kits in 1 box

The 2Box cymbals sound better than on the ddrum4

ok than thanx for the info!

mutant

Hello, I have listened to this demonstration audio of the kits.

It sounds almost like there is some reverb or overhead mic room ambience or even filters on some of the drum samples? Is that correct?

Is there reverb already recorded on some of the drum samples? Or are most generally dry recorded samples? I did not see any mention of reverb or effects in the manual.

Would this reverb I hear be something the user could bypass to obtain clean dry sounds entirely ?   

Thank you for any info.   

puttenvr

Yeah, lot of sounds have some reverb in it which you can't change, other than shorten the decay (which will shorten the sound). There are some dry samples inside the module and 2Box publishes some dry sounds on their site for christmas. There are certainly more to come.