News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Seriously 2box guys, when will there be an update?

Started by Daniel, December 20, 2010, 09:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baby Samus

Quote from: Manfred on December 20, 2010, 09:38:58 PM

Again, these were all hits to the edge. Am i the only one having this problem?

Manfred

Edit: Video-Link

Hi Manfred, I can only talk from the experience of my own personal MK1 drumit5 kit, so I will not presume that you are doing anything wrong.  But I must say that I have used the kit a lot for live music and jamming and recording at home.  The only time I had any double triggering was when the mesh head was too slack - at the right tension this doesn't happen.  So, to answer your question, my kit never double triggers.  Ever.  The module triggers perfectly on the pads, and so do the cymbals.  Bear in mind I use my own snare stand, HH stand and pedals, not the 2Box ones - this hardware increases stability and eliminates movement, and hence improves the triggering stability.

The only triggering issue is the one we all know about already, and that is the Bell.  This is well documented and I agree with you that the bell triggering is not really good enough, I certainly use bell sounds less in my playing because of it, but at the same time it doesn't bother me too much.  I have snare set to threshold 42, gain 0, curve normal or negative 1 depending on snare sound.  Toms on 38 threshold, gain 0, cymbals on 36-40 threshold, gain 1.  I can post video of me playing live for you to see if you want (when I get a video camera for xmas  ;D).

The editor problem is a valid concern and again I agree 2Box editor is not good enough (it should be at least as good as Louis' editor, but it seems they have had to spend far more time on the front end than the actual capabilities of the program), but we have a valid alternative that works and I think most people are satisfied with how it operates.  So donate to Louis for now and you won't have that problem until 2Box update their editor.

Manfred

Thanks but as i said the double trigger issue at the snare could be sorted out by changing to a 2ply meshhead. By the way i'm also using different snare stand, hihat stand and a double bass pedal. And now also a drumtec design head at the snare. I always like to see videos with people playing a 2Box kit. But even without i believe that others really don't have problems with double triggers. Maybe there is some variation at the input sensitivity of the module or the output level of the pads.

What remains is the zone detection at hihat and cymbals.

Dagger

Manfred,

The solution for double triggering on the snare is very easy to fix. Just cut a piece of foam and stick it under the mesh head.

roel

Quote from: Scottie on December 20, 2010, 07:37:36 PM
Hi Tony

The price of £199 is discounted for MKI users. We wouldn't expect you to pay full price for the upgrade. This is simply a good will gesture from 2box, to let MKI owner's know that we haven't forgotten them. If you think about it, you have already purchased a complete stand with your MKI kit, so a proportion of the cost for the DrumIt Five constituted to the rack stand. With upgrading to the MKII rack stand you are not paying for that proportion again, and you would receive a whole new rack stand, with the new snare basket, for a fraction of the cost. So really your value for money has been good. For instance, if you were gigging, you could keep your MKI rack stand setup at home, and just take the pads off for when you take the MKII kit out on the road.

Thanks,
Scott

P.s Roel i haven't forgotten you. Just trying to get a solid ETA for you.

Ok Thanx Scottie!

Manfred

Hello,

again my question regarding the zone detection of the hihat: Is there something wrong with my kit or do other users have the same problem? Would be nice if some of you could check it at your kits. This is the test sequence:

- go to page UNIT TRIG
- press the "Hihat"-Button
- press the button above the word LEVEL to change the trigger view

Then the word LEVEL disappears and you see an L above an Z. L is the Level and Z the zone. At the Z-line you should see an "8" if you hit the edge and an "3" if you hit the bow. So simply play a bunch of hits and observe if the zones are detected correctly.

My problem is that the edge (zone 8 ) is only detected with heavy hits. With average or weak hits it is a kind of random which zone is detected. You can see that in this short youtube-video where i only(!!) played the edge:

Would be nice to read your comments.

Manfred

fishmonkey

my hihat triggering is pretty good, i certainly don't have the edge problems that you have. i do occasionally get edge triggers when playing on the bow however.

the hihat uses the same kind of edge detection as the crash/ride cymbals do (the metal tangs around the edge). have you lifted up the edge of the rubber to check that the tangs are all okay?

one thing i just noticed is that when the hihat is fully open, zone 8 (edge) is always triggered. does your module do that too?

MarkuZ

Hi Manfred,

I ve checked this at my 2Box today.
Soft and heavy hits on the edge and the bow are correct displayed!
Sometimes there are some hits on the bow that shows an 8 and some on the edge that shows an 3, but thats normal I think.

Hope that helps!

Best regards

MarkuZ