News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Good news about the Pearl E-Pro live!

Started by Tristan, December 09, 2010, 08:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tristan

Well, good news for 2Box at least:

I played the new Pearl E-Pro live last week in Andertons, which is just around the corner from where I live.  It's absolutely terrible!  The sounds are worse than my previous 10 year old Roland TD8.  The pads feel crap to play too. 

The only good thing about it is the look of it.  It does look pretty cool.  But apart from that, it's no competition for the Drumit 5!

Baby Samus

Yes I think the kit has been discussed on here before, although noone had actually played the thing!  The demo's however were not promising, and the fact the module is a rebranded Alesis model with only 128mb onboard storage really limits the kits sound quality and its overall appeal as an e-kit.  Good idea, poorly executed.  Now if they had included a 2Box rebranded module, then I think a lot of people would be more interested!

Thank you Tristan for confirming our fears!

Evy

Until something really new comes out of Roland/Alesis/Pearl etc, we can probably dispense with the ongoing comparisons.  Lets just accept the fact nothing on earth compares to the 2Box for price and sound quality! :D