News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Help! brain wont boot..

Started by mr.inn, December 01, 2010, 08:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.inn

Nope... that didnt do it either, same problem as before... On my mac, I dont know how to choose cluster size... anyone know? my pc just crashes as soon as i put the card in... can i put any 4gb sd-card inside the brain?

rythm

Check other topics here about this before you try anything.

Deve Loper

Hi.
What sd card do you have?
Your pc can't possibly crash by just putting the card in, or?
Oterwise right click on the card and choose format.
Don't select quick format. Use fat32 32 kB cluster.
This must work...

Deve Loper

Stop stop.
Incredibly enough you got 2 partitions on the sd card.
The small one seems to be the first and that's the one the boot program loads the OS from. So first you have to repartition the drive to one single partition. Right click on My Computer and choose Manage. There's a Disk item. I don't have a pc at hand now, but there you can repartitipn and format the sd card.
Then write back all the files.
Deve.

fishmonkey

Quote from: mr.inn on December 05, 2010, 04:36:41 PM
I dont see how that would be any different... but i guess i have to try...

it's very different, because then you are not using the 2Box module's own mass storage interface. definitely worth a try.

mr.inn

deve.. i did have 2 partitions on the card?? alltough one of them is "not active" and i cant activate it... i belive that that might be the prob. I now formated the card with one partitions on my mac but the problem still remains... my winPC still reads it like two. my pc freezes as soon as i put the card in the card reader, but after 10-15 min i got a message saying somthing about a problem with the I/O something... so i think it might be my cardreader on my winPC that doesnt work, but i kan still access the card trough usb. Anyway i have been in contact with Bengt and he is sending me a new card preloaded with all the files needed (thanks for helping me on a sunday Bengt!).
Lets see how it goes from here. thanks guys for helping!
/Peter

Deve Loper

Ok. Seems the safest to use a new SD card.
But how did your card get formatted in 2 partitions at all?
Since the dawn of the universe, there has been no drive which has repartioned itself, I can assure you...
So what / who has fooled around with your SD card?

Deve.

Evy

mr.inn

haha!
The repartion "might" have been me at some point during the 1000000 frantic formating hours i spent... but the actual prob occurred before that when i got my FAT-something error... that was why I started formating the card in the first place... but still, the weird thing is that my mac reads the flash card as a single drive while my winPC still reads it as two separate ones, one 200mb active and one 3.61gb not active... I dont get that ???

Anyway, thanks for helping!

mr.inn

got my new sd-card today, everything works great now:)
Thanks 2box and Bengt for great customer support!

tower of p

I found a solution for the "FAT_S_0512_C_04K"- problem:
you need to format the internal sd-card with this program (available for win & mac os):  https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

this formats the sd-card with fat32, clustersize 32kbyte. my mac and windows-pc couldn´t do that (clustersize was wrong).
after using this and re-copying everything on the card the problem was solved in my case!

remember to backup the card-content before formatting!!

cheers,