News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Which VST is best for recording the 2box

Started by hwasser, November 30, 2010, 11:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hwasser

I think there should be a thread about "Which VST is best for recording the 2box" or just VST-performance overall.

I use addictive drums and have a bit problems with double trigger (even snare). It feels like the midiout signal from the module differs a bit from the audioout, or this may just be addictive drums. I have also noticed that when opening the hihat from full closed i get a hit sound and a open sound.

I should really appriciate if someone did a nice preset for addictive drums, cause the fabricpreset for addictive drums doesnt work to good.

NeilC

Only really used BFD and Superior Drummer... How does Addictive differ?

orly

I use addictive drums too and I have the same problem with double triggering on the snare and the choke that doesn't work on both cymbals.

hwasser

Quote from: orly on December 01, 2010, 08:18:36 AM
I use addictive drums too and I have the same problem with double triggering on the snare and the choke that doesn't work on both cymbals.

The irritating stuff with the cymbal choke is that if you hit the cymbal to hard it will be choked (which most punk and metal drummers do).

How does superior run with drumit5?

NeilC

In terms of triggering, it runs fine for me, same level as BFD... I have downloaded the demo of addictive and going to see how the mapping works...

naturalgoodness

Has anyone successfully mapped the 2box to Addictive Drums to get all the correct notes??

If so could they post here as to how they did it? (I'm totally new to midi recording!).

Did you remap the notes in the 2box itself or in Addictive Drums (if it's the latter unfortunately I only have v1 which apparently doesn't support this - only v1.5 or later).

Any help on this appreciated!

hwasser

Download the update 1.5

I have correct notes. Everything works perfect, except for the chokes, because the choke in addictive drums is to sensitive so if I hit the cymbal hard on the edge it chokes.

naturalgoodness

Ok thanks, I'll get the update.

I take it then that you remapped in Addictive Drums, would you be able to post the midi map that you used??

hwasser

There actually is a "drumit five" midimap-preset in version 1.5 :) the only thing you have to add is the choke. Or i can just upload my midimap that I have made

BURNIN AMBITION

thank you so much for this amazing post. i have started with the drumit five map and all is well. one thing. can someone help me on how to add the choke? also since i have splitted my rims, is there a way to add other pads like spashes etc to the rims? cause the only extra i see is cymbal 3!! i would need to use one new cymbal a splash and a china to the rims. thanx
2box, bengt, deve, digital drummer, Jman, Brian, Manfred thanx for everything

iola 11
http://www.facebook.com/iola11
www.reverbnation.com/iola11
https://soundcloud.com/iola11
https://twitter.com/iola11band
www.youtube.com/iola11band
www.myspace.com/iola11