News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

So Impressed With 2Box!

Started by Cuban, November 25, 2010, 01:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuban

I've only entered the 2Box world in the past week coming from a Roland and Yamaha eDrumming background,
but I have been so impressed thus far. :)

The OS v1.10 upgrade turned the DrumIt 5 from a very good kit to an astonishing kit.

I have been trying my new module with a hybrid kit to see how it performed along with one or two borrowed pads
and I have been totally amazed, so now that you can purchase individual pads, I can see it being a lot more
appealing to people with existing edrum gear. Essentially, like me, all they need is the module and the hi-hat to
benefit from the wonderful kit sounds and their own samples.

To demonstrate things over on another forum, I did this quick video using the hybrid kit made up of the following:
2Box DrumIt 5 Module, Hi-Hat, Cymbals and Floor Tom.
Smartrigger China Cymbal.
JoBeky Drums Custom 'Phil Collins' snare.
Roland KD-7 Kick / Bass Drum pad trigger.
A to E Remo Roto-Tom with Roland RT-10T trigger.

The sounds you will hear are, as you can see, from a one live take using a stock 2Box kit. No modifications, just
post the OS V1.10 upgrade and I am playing to one of the onboard backing tracks in a one take, no mods pre or
post shoot video filmed on a Nikon D-90 and simply recorded direct to the PC and into Audacity.

Nothing fancy, just a warts and all live video with the wonderful 2Box sounds! 
:patbat2box:

Evy

It's what we've all been saying for some time now!!!  Astonishing indeed!!  Thanks for putting all that together Cuban!

Cuban

Thanks you - I'm looking forward to doing more and better 2Box videos with the awesome module!
:patbat2box: